Talk

Advanced search

Rhodes, do you need to hire a car?

(3 Posts)
southeastastra Thu 09-Jul-15 21:13:16

To see it all? we will be near rhodes town but i am a bit twitchy about buses grin i really would prefer to use public transport to get about though

cazzyg Fri 10-Jul-15 08:44:55

The public buses are fine in Rhodes, especially between the resorts just outside Rhodes town. Taxis are also plentiful and reasonable.

I've been twice now and both times we've hired a car but used it to go further afield eg to Lindos.

So if you only plan to visit Rhodes Town, don't bother. If you want to explore the Island a bit more then yes I would hire a car.

mimbleandlittlemy Fri 10-Jul-15 14:26:51

The buses are great but really just go down either side of the island. If you want to go off the beaten track a bit you have to have a car.

If you hire a car don't forget that if you have a photo card licence you need to get the code for the hire car company from the DVLA:

www.gov.uk/government/news/no-more-paper-counterpart-to-the-photocard-driving-licence-will-save-the-taxpayer-millions-each-year

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now