Talk

Advanced search

Holidays in the Netherlands and/or Belgium with young children

(7 Posts)
Summergarden Wed 08-Jul-15 18:24:21

If you have stayed in any parts of the Netherlands with young children, I would love to hear your experiences and recommendations.

Next year we are thinking about taking the ferry and staying a fortnight broken into 2 separate locations, perhaps a week in The Netherlands and a week in Belgium, or 2x weeks in different parts of the Netherlands.

I have heard Efteling recommended in several threads. Is that realistically accessible from most parts of the Netherlands? it looks quite a small country on the map but I could be being very ignorant to think that. We love visiting theme parks and family attractions, there is apparently a dolphinarum which sounds good. Any other recommendations in either country very welcome!

downgraded Wed 08-Jul-15 18:27:27

We went to Toverland a few weeks ago near Venlo and stayed in the Centre Parcs - there are two just down the road.

It was great, and a large part of it is under cover if the weather is bad. It's a fairy and magic themed theme park. Youngest is 3 and there was lots for her to do, plus bigger roller coasters for older kids.

boldlygoingsomewhere Wed 08-Jul-15 18:30:38

Efteling is a great place to go and easily accessible. The roads and trains in the Netherlands are very good. I would also recommend Bokrijk in Belgian Limburg.

gardeningsarah Wed 08-Jul-15 18:39:38

Efteling is good. Another place for young children is Madurodam which is in The Hague. . There's a Sealife Centre in Schveningen which is not far from Madurodam. The beaches are fabulous.

wickedfairy Wed 15-Jul-15 13:52:18

Check out de Lilse Bergen campsite in Belgium - great if you have young kids! East of Antwerp, near Netherlands border

hanami Wed 15-Jul-15 13:53:51

We like Oostduinkerke in Belgium - on the coast, great bike paths, not too far from Calais.

loopsngeorge Thu 16-Jul-15 23:56:18

Definitely spend some time at Duinrell - if you do a search on here you'll find loads about it. It's near Den Haag and easy to get to loads of places from there, including Amsterdam. There's a theme park, water park and beach, all in a really lovely little town.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now