Talk

Advanced search

Holiday fines. How much?

(6 Posts)
Toffeelatteplease Mon 06-Jul-15 09:06:23

Anyone know how the fines are being applied? As in per day, per morning and per afternoon or per a period of absence?

No judgement please. There is a free family holiday we haven't taken up in years because it is last week of summer term. Its sad because it was a massive feature of my childhood.

I'd like to go again and would probably be totally happy paying the fine if I could find out how much it is

Hoppinggreen Mon 06-Jul-15 10:14:01

Does your local council site tell you?
I think ours does

CwtchesAndCuddles1 Mon 06-Jul-15 19:41:41

The policy should be posted on your council website.

Hassled Mon 06-Jul-15 19:48:57

£60 per parent per child per period of absence if paid within 21 days - then rising to £120.

Toffeelatteplease Mon 06-Jul-15 21:44:36

Thank you you are both right it is there. Doesn't seem much of a disincentive tbh

mummymeister Tue 07-Jul-15 15:49:01

the disincentive is that they wont keep on fining you if you keep taking your kids out. eventually they will take you to court for unauthorised absence. for a one off in their school career it is a small amount but if you wanted to do it every year then there would be issues. our LA charge £60 per parent per child per week and if it is longer than a week that you take off then they refer it on to the absence person at the LA.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now