Talk

Advanced search

How to get cheap flights

(10 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Sun 05-Jul-15 22:50:29

Relatively inexperienced at flying. Looking to go to Nice in Aug 2016 direct from Manchester, Liverpool or Leeds Bradford. Jet2 looks best, but flights coming in around £1000 and not much discount to fly in the week which would be difficult for the apartment which is let on a weekly basis from Sat. Do I buy flights now or wait till nearer time - does it get cheaper or more expensive nearer the time and do airlines ever have sales like in January? Thanks

Jbck Sun 05-Jul-15 22:58:04

Flying to Nice on Saturday with Easyjet, only choice we had. It was much cheaper when I looked a few months ago but didn't have definite dates so couldn't book.
If there are several carriers serving your route you have abetter chance of a bargain.
I have waited in the past and found cheap flghts but it depends how much choice you want and if you are restricted in any way, times, airport etc.

Kinsman Sun 05-Jul-15 23:08:13

Have you looked at airports near Nice (eg. Monaco or Marseille)? These might give you some cheaper options.

homebythesea Mon 06-Jul-15 07:49:53

You are going in peak season to a popular destination. The flights will go very quickly as a result. Personally I would not risk the stress of there not being availability closer to the time

happyh0tel Mon 06-Jul-15 08:21:38

The earlier you can book a flight, the cheaper they are

Christelle2207 Mon 06-Jul-15 08:24:21

Easyjet IME are cheapest for nice. Are they even selling yet for summer 2016? If not I would suggest snapping up as soon as they are, though they have occasional sales closer to the time I would not expect a bargain for a weekend in August.

mrsmortis Mon 06-Jul-15 14:18:00

Most airlines haven't released their flights for next summer yet. I don't think you can book more than 6 months in advance with EasyJet for example. So if you really mean 2016 I'd wait a while.

WestYorkshireGirl Mon 06-Jul-15 23:13:04

Thanks for your suggestions

lovingmatleave Fri 10-Jul-15 21:51:17

Never managed to find a cheap flight to Nice despite trying! Don't think it will get cheaper but jet2 do sometimes have 10% off their flights.

ADishBestEatenCold Sat 11-Jul-15 18:08:33

I think you are looking too early WestYorshireGirl.

None of the sites I've looked at (Easyjet, Skyscanner, eDreams, etc) are selling for August 2016 yet. For example, Easyjet only booking up to 6 months ahead.
However, to give you an example of what might well become available, the Saturday flights in August this year are still selling at a range of prices from £68 all the way up to £180 (Liverpool to Nice).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now