Talk

Advanced search

Virgin Atlantic £100 change fee per ticket - should I try to challenge?

(10 Posts)
Silkchiffon Sun 05-Jul-15 15:32:23

Have had to change our holiday dates after DP diagnosed with torn retina so had to have emergency surgery and can't fly for some weeks.

I was so relieved to find we could change the dates on the tickets as at one point I thought we would lose them completely because they were booked online.

Now though I'm starting to feel aggrieved about having to pay an extra £300 - surely it can't cost Virgin anything like as much to carry out the action?

Anyone else been through this?

GiddyOnZackHunt Sun 05-Jul-15 15:40:47

Travel insurance?

Kvetch15 Sun 05-Jul-15 15:42:15

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

poorbuthappy Sun 05-Jul-15 15:43:28

Mmmm you would think that after the bank charges palaver and them having to drop their charges to reflect the amount of work to deal with it, it's surprising that this hasn't been challenged by the like of Martin Lewis.
This can not represent true costs incurred.

chemenger Sun 05-Jul-15 15:44:28

Claim on your travel insurance, should be pretty straightforward.

Silkchiffon Sun 05-Jul-15 15:50:32

Not sure if the insurance will cover but I will give them a go.

That's what I thought poorbuthappy. All very hmm

caroldecker Sun 05-Jul-15 15:53:56

It is designed to stop you buying cheap unpopular tickets and then changing the date to a more expensive timing - insurance should cover it.

specialsubject Sun 05-Jul-15 16:24:59

exactly what travel insurance will cover, although there will be an excess.

this is why sensible people (like you) buy the insurance as soon as they've booked the holiday!

bruffin Sun 05-Jul-15 16:31:13

Ds has just cancelled his holiday because gf taken ill and cant fly for a month and is covered by insurance
claim the whole thing back on your insurance and rebook when your dh is better.

bruffin Sun 05-Jul-15 16:32:10

Not always an excess as ds doesnt seem to have it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now