Talk

Advanced search

Summer holiday the last week before term starts

(6 Posts)
WestYorkshireGirl Thu 02-Jul-15 21:20:54

Just had a lovely holiday in South of France. DD is 4 and will be at school from Sep so will need to go during summer hols in 2016. We expect the places we want to return to to be busy but the French schools go back end of Aug so it might be quieter if we go the week ending on 3 Sep. As she hasn't started school yet I have no idea if coming home on the 3 and starting back on the 6 Sep will be too tiring? I would also have to sort out uniform etc before but that shouldn't be too bad I suppose.. Just wondering if I am worrying too much and it won't really matter?

SwedishEdith Thu 02-Jul-15 21:29:05

It'll be fine. We often go in that last week. You just need to make sure you've sorted stuff out before you go. It is slightly depressing knowing you're straight into the old routine again as soon as you get back.

DelphiniumBlue Thu 02-Jul-15 21:30:03

There's 3 days between the 3rd and the 6th, how will she be too tired? Even if her sleep is disrupted because of the travelling, there is plenty of time for her to catch up before school starts.
As far as the uniform is concerned, you can deal with it before the holiday, and you'll still have time to do any last minute bits. Lots of people go back to school/work the day after they get back home, so I think you are worrying unnecessarily.
But do check that school doesn't start on 1st or 2nd September, because in my experience ( London) it quite frequently does.

Chasingsquirrels Thu 02-Jul-15 21:34:04

We usually go for 10 days at the end of the summer holidays, back mid/late afternoon then school/work the next day. Works fir us, although it's usually dank and dreary after 30c + in Spain.
This year we are going at the beginning of the holidays because we had to change dates yes year.

Keepsmiling1 Mon 06-Jul-15 18:02:48

Are you sure they start on 6th? My DD starts reception this year and they start on 1st. I'm a teacher and we have never started as late as 6th. Obviously yours may be different but may be worth checking!

Millymollymama Tue 07-Jul-15 14:36:54

1st would be very early here and lots of schools do inset days before children arrive. Sometimes reception children have a phased intake so they don't all arrive on day 1. I would check with the school before you book! We often went late, just before the late summer bank holiday so second week or last 3/4 days was often cheaper.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now