Talk

Advanced search

Any tips on travelling to Zeeland, Holland?

(5 Posts)
LHB43 Wed 01-Jul-15 09:44:50

Hi, We are hoping to go to Zeeland this August with our 8 year old son. Has anyone stayed in a Beach Caravan/Lodge before? If you have any advice /tips for that sort of holiday and where to stay in Zeeland , that would be great! Some websites seem to be in either Dutch or German so I don't know if this a practical option if you are British?
Thanks.

Christabelpankhurst Fri 03-Jul-15 21:40:33

I've not been to Zeeland but have been to most other parts of Belgium and the Netherlands, almost everyone spoke fluent English, Flemish, French and German.

Everywhere we've been has been very child friendly and the beaches were glorious (except for Zandvoort near Amsterdam which was beautiful but hugely busy).

Bike hire is reasonable and usually the easiest way to get around locally. In most places bikes have right of way.

LHB43 Fri 03-Jul-15 22:48:27

Hi, That sounds very encouraging and I have heard from other people how lovely the beaches are. I think we would avoid Amsterdam on this occasion but definitely interested in the bike hire. Thanks for your help.

BitOutOfPractice Fri 03-Jul-15 22:53:09

I second the child friendly and multi lingual nature of the Netherlands. Only been to Zeeland briefly but every Dutch beach I've ever been on has been clean, broad and not too crowded.

What else do you need to know. How are you getting there?

LHB43 Sat 04-Jul-15 23:32:13

Hi,
That is encouraging. We are looking for accommodation near to the beach and we are thinking of either travelling through the Eurotunnel into Belgium and then into Holland or possibly ferry if not too complicated. We live in Kent so quite near Dover/Folkestone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now