Talk

Advanced search

Genius tips for stuff to pack for a holiday?

(3 Posts)
maybeau Sun 28-Jun-15 01:35:23

Hi folks, DH and I are hoping to take 3 year old DD to Portugal (all inclusive) for a week in September but we haven't been away since our honeymoon 7 years ago - which was a disaster (4 straight days asleep with sickness). Before that, DH and I haven't been on holiday in around 15 years!

I like being organised and well prepared, especially when it comes to DD and I wondered what genius tips you guys have for things to pack which could end up being life savers... ie: someone told me to pack dry food like individual packets of biscuits, rice pudding etc in case DD doesn't get on well with the food, dioralite for rehydration, eye wash for sand accidents.

Also, how do you get on with late night/early morning flights? DD has always had a good routine with bedtimes and wakes up same time every morning without fail. I'm a bit worried about getting her up in the middle of the night to try to catch a flight, or getting her to sleep in the early hours of the morning when we arrive at the hotel. Am I worrying too much?!

justaweeone Sun 28-Jun-15 21:20:27

My tip is the more chilled you are about everything the easier it all is! But I always took little bits and pieces ie some biscuits, small packs of cereal
,etc that I knew they would eat.
But the most important thing is you chill and enjoy , it makes it easier xx

Heels99 Mon 29-Jun-15 09:32:10

You are worrying too much. Would you take eye wash to the beach in the UK? Rice pudding as a 'life saver' seriously? Whose life was saved by rice pudding? It's an all inclusive resort they will at the very least have bread, fruit, chips, cereal, ham etc. just tske some dried snacks for the flight

Kids are more flexible than you think she would probably sleep on the plane if a night flight. Or if a night flight stresses you out, get a day flight.

Relax and enjoy and leave the kitchen sink at home. Holidays with three year olds unless there is childcare, are more of a change of scene than a rest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now