Talk

Advanced search

Can you help me find a peaceful girls holiday in the Med?

(20 Posts)
artylady14 Fri 26-Jun-15 18:24:33

I would love if anyone had any recommendations for a lovely peaceful self catering apartment anywhere in the Med for this summer. My sister and I would love to be by a lovely beach and have our own separate room. We would like to be in a peaceful location to relax. I would love anywhere in France, Spain or Portugal but any other Med places would be great too. Thank you

Heels99 Sat 27-Jun-15 11:54:10

Exclusive escapes do lovely quiet holidays in all sorts of self catering accommodation

annandale Sat 27-Jun-15 11:57:39

Posting shamelessly to mark my place so that I can dream about something like this!

Years ago when I had money I went to the gonatas hotel on kefalonia with sunvil. Sunvil are the best travel company ever, have a look at their stuff. Was peace and bliss with minimal fuss.

Applesauce29 Sat 27-Jun-15 16:35:48

Croatia isn't strictly the med but it's beautiful and relatively close. We went to Cavtat which is a really beautiful village near Dubrovnik (large 5* hotel on hill, tho there should be self catering available). My colleague went to a villa on a nearby island with his family and loved it too. Very quiet and beautiful scenery. Food is Italian style with lots of delicious fresh fish. Would definitely go again!

artylady14 Sun 28-Jun-15 10:28:16

Thanks for the suggestions. I wouldn't have known any of these, not even sunvil!

artylady14 Sun 28-Jun-15 11:02:30

Oh sunvil website isn't very user friendly? Whatever I try to view is not available online! Exclusive escapes is Turkey only which I don't really want to visit.

seb1 Sun 28-Jun-15 11:10:24

This looks lovely Hotel Hydros

annandale Sun 28-Jun-15 13:37:05

Oh dear sad I still recommend Sunvil, try ringing up? We went with them when the internet was barely born ;)

annandale Sun 28-Jun-15 13:40:20

OK a website I recommend is Chez Nous which my in laws have used a lot - it's the same principle as Owners Direct so always be careful, but is a lot older, was a magazine for years. I think you need to know exactly what you want and make sure you quiz the owners on which floor the apartment is on, how far to the beach, how many others share the pool etc but it can be very good value.

artylady14 Mon 29-Jun-15 18:23:05

Thanks I will look these up.Hydros place was beautiful but so expensive!

seb1 Mon 29-Jun-15 19:46:25

Try looking for the hydros hotel as part of an easyjet holiday i found that the cheapest way I could find it HTH

artylady14 Thu 09-Jul-15 21:26:01

I'm still looking for this peaceful holiday sad

I found Sunvil so difficult to deal with you. You cant make enquiries online, no matter what location I put it said I had to call up. Then I was quoted just under a thousand pounds each for a two star half board in Cyprus!

pootlebug Thu 09-Jul-15 21:36:12

I'll PM you smile

iwantgin Fri 10-Jul-15 09:23:25

I recently had a very relaxed week in Croatia with a friend. We stayed just outside Dubrovnik.

So, a short bus ride into the 'Old Town' for culture and life, or hanging around the resort area for cheaper prices and no hassle.

Cavtat was mentioned upthread- which is a resort a little further south than where we were. We visited for a half day to have a look. That would be nice for you two ?

artylady14 Fri 10-Jul-15 19:57:11

Thanks Iwantgin. I would love to go to Croatia but it has been quite expensive with little availability left.

lovingmatleave Fri 10-Jul-15 21:49:13

Nerja near Malaga in Spain. Have looked, but never been as ended up further south. Apparently it is much quieter than the main resorts and really not much to do apart from the beach. Plenty of s/c - just google. Flight would be to Malaga.

sandgrown Fri 10-Jul-15 21:54:36

I can recommend Cavtat. Or you could try Montenegro which is beautiful. We we to a place called Burgau in Portugal which was a lovely little place then but may be developed now.

Donthate Fri 10-Jul-15 22:17:00

Pollensa or Déjà in Mallorca.

Donthate Fri 10-Jul-15 22:17:41

Deia!

artylady14 Tue 14-Jul-15 09:32:57

Couldn't find a suitable place in Deia on our dates. Did find a lovely, peaceful adults only hotel in Costa Adeje, Tenerife! Sorted, thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now