Talk

Advanced search

Holiday destination advice!

(16 Posts)
tootledootle Fri 26-Jun-15 10:09:47

We want somewhere warm, fairly cheap, suitable for kids, slightly rustic, away from English grub cafes, any ideas warmly welcomed!!!!

HelloClouds Fri 26-Jun-15 10:32:52

Inland Andalucia ticks all those boxes! When are you planning to go? Hotel or villa?

jenpetronus Fri 26-Jun-15 10:51:09

Brittany?

tootledootle Fri 26-Jun-15 12:32:03

Really don't mind! Need things for the kids to do, but with out the high rise package deal. I've been scouring the net and it seems a tall order!

jenpetronus Fri 26-Jun-15 12:36:28

This is our gite Happy to help if you want to know more about the area.

Optimist1 Fri 26-Jun-15 12:36:37

Yes, jenpetronus - Brittany would be perfect and camping would tick a lot of your boxes, OP. I have happy memories of such holidays when mine were young.

nottheOP Fri 26-Jun-15 12:37:59

Porto?
Bordeaux atlantic coast?
Alps in the summer
Puglia

KenDoddsDadsDog Fri 26-Jun-15 12:39:01

Nerja / Calahonda

yanasmommy Fri 26-Jun-15 15:17:48

I have been to malta... i really liked the island it is fairly quiet, and is packed of history ...

here a guide I read when I was doing my own research ... it might help www.slideshare.net/EdPhelan/malta-the-little-island-republic-that-packs-a-big-punch

tootledootle Fri 26-Jun-15 15:34:51

Thanks all, can you recommend places to stay in these locations? Thanks

angemorange Fri 26-Jun-15 15:52:21

Costa del Sol has some nice places - there are large touristy towns but you can usually find somewhere quieter. Benalmadena is good for families and sandwiched between two bigger towns. Even when it's busy there's a nice park, room on the beach and loads for kids to do.

tootledootle Sat 27-Jun-15 10:25:08

Thank all!

Millymollymama Sat 27-Jun-15 17:29:45

Carnac in Brittany has everything and a small resort called Trinite Sur Mer has camping and caravan sites which are close to beaches. Lots of lovely historic towns and some great restaurants in the area too. Not too far from St Malo so driving there is easy if you are happy to do the longer ferry trip. We always had very pleasant weather.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 27-Jun-15 17:52:22

Oh yes, went to Carnac as a child. Beautiful.
If you want to camp/ lodge / caravan then Cypsela in Platja de Pals is fantastic. Beautiful area on Costa Brava.

nannyafrica Sat 27-Jun-15 22:05:57

Sweden, you can built your own raft and paddle down the river!
www.naturetravels.co.uk/water-sweden-timber-rafting-klaralven-vv58rs1.htm

jenpetronus Sat 27-Jun-15 22:41:10

That sounds fantastic nannyafrica!

We are about half an hour from Carnac.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now