Talk

Advanced search

Egypt Feb with a 3yr old- where to stay?

(6 Posts)
SwivelHips Mon 15-Jun-15 20:31:16

Stayed in Sharm few years ago before DS was born, thinking about going back Feb half term but where would you recommend? if Sharm which hotel? Just checked Trip Advisor and there's so many, we stayed at Hyatt regency and Hilton but I'm going back a few years now. TIA

SwivelHips Mon 15-Jun-15 21:12:09

Nabq bay?

iwantgin Mon 15-Jun-15 21:37:36

Are you sure you want to book for Egypt ? There have been a few incidents recently.

Foreign Office website

alteredimages Mon 15-Jun-15 21:39:27

My friend has been going to Hilton Dreams Beach for years and loves it. It is still quite busy, though with more domestic tourism than in the past.

I would think a bit before going to Egypt at the moment though. I live here, but I wouldn't want to book until closer to the time when I was more confident of the security situation. Sharm itself is fine but it is so so close to places that really aren't. The state that Sinai is in at the moment is really terrifying.

Security aside, you are also running the risk of a stomach bug that could knock you out for your entire trip and the hassle is a pain once you are out the safety of the hotel.

February is quite cold, especially at night. It is also sand storm season, which would wipe out two or three days if one hit.

Sorry to be all doom and gloom, I just think that the combination of February plus young child plus security issues means it is a bit risky.

Would somewhere like the Canaries or Madeira be an option at that time of year?

Hersetta427 Tue 16-Jun-15 14:03:35

We went in Feb half term this year with a 3 year old and a 7 yr old. Weather was lovely during the day, although it did get chilly from 5pm onwards.

We normally stay at the Coral Sea Holiday village as it has fabulous facilities for kids but this time we stayed at the Akassia CLub Calimera in Marsa Alam. It was a lovely hotel with an onsite water park with a few beautifully heated swimming pools (including the kids pool/slides in the water park) which both our kids loved.

SwivelHips Tue 16-Jun-15 21:04:43

Thanks ladies. Have discussed with DH and we'll probably skip Egypt next year. No idea what we'll do instead though....smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now