Talk

Advanced search

Help my find my honeymoon

(12 Posts)
KateMossIsMyQueen Thu 11-Jun-15 17:11:52

9 weeks to go and we've booked sweet f*ck all for our post-nuptial shagfest holiday in August.

DB wants somewhere sunny, bit cultural, lots to do. I want an opportunity to lay by the pool / sea somewhere gorgeous, as well as having stuff to do when Mr KateMoss finishes his colouring book and needs entertaining.

Any one recommend a good holiday company? We've been looking at Virgin Holidays, but tad expensive. We both want somewhere a bit posh as we're spending a lot (for us) but ideally want to spend c£3k for 2 weeks.

vitaminC Thu 11-Jun-15 17:25:27

I spent 10 days in a 5* resort in Mauritius for roughly that price for my honeymoon 2 year ag i was fanfantfantastic.
We alternated between beach days and cultural days out (when we hired a car from a little local firm) and also took a coupl of boat trips which we really enjoyed. Best of both worlds and I would redo it in a heartbeat if we could afford it! smile

vitaminC Thu 11-Jun-15 17:27:44

Sorr for daft spelling. My phone apparentlyhates me!

Justmuddlingalong Thu 11-Jun-15 17:34:24

What a bout the Riviera Maya area of Mexico. Some great hotels, loads of cultural stuff and doable on your budget.

Justmuddlingalong Thu 11-Jun-15 17:34:51

*about obviously.

Tryingthisonefornow Thu 11-Jun-15 17:37:33

We went to Poros, gorgeous Greek Island about an hour ferry from Athens. With that budget you could stay somewhere really nice, we had an apartment in Nikki's village, amazing, 3 balconies all to ourselves. Plenty of culture, fab foods lovely beaches!

KateMossIsMyQueen Thu 11-Jun-15 17:49:13

Thank you! *Googles like mad*

vitaminC Thu 11-Jun-15 19:20:39

Forgot to mention - the hotel we stayed in was a Beachcomber Resort and I would heartily recommend them.

budgiegirl Fri 12-Jun-15 21:36:02

I'd second Mexico, there are some lovely adult only beach resorts with great food, bars, swimming pools, spas, but with easy access to ecological parks and Mayan ruins .

ShanghaiDiva Sat 13-Jun-15 14:36:38

Borneo - orang utans, long houses, great food, good weather at that time of year, snorkelling.
Kota Kinabalu is popular, but prefer Kuching myself.
Bali - nusa dua for the beach and ubud for culture.

GingerCub Tue 16-Jun-15 09:52:55

Ooh, t depends what you want from it: holiday or an adventure trip?
If it is all about sun and beach, just choose the most beautiful and cheap version as it is all the same. Don't forget about weather conditions, you might have a season of rain in your honeymoon.
If this is an adventure, you can choose Norway in summertime, see Norwegian fjords, they are beautiful and romantic.
Good luck!

Whattonamemyselfnow Wed 17-Jun-15 19:32:29

We did Vancouver Hawaii New York. Amazing. In particular Vancouver which has it all

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now