Talk

Advanced search

has anyone just returned/going to Turkey?

(19 Posts)
lauraa4 Mon 08-Jun-15 10:18:50

Hello

I am going to Turkey next week and I'm confused about the holiday visa application. Half the people I ask are saying you purchase it at the Turkish airport, and other half are saying I must pay for it online.

Can anyone please advise on what I should do? Also when I do type it in online it comes up with more than one webpage so I'm not sure what the legitimate one is.

magimedi Mon 08-Jun-15 10:46:19

Cheaper to get it on line, but you can queue & do it at the airport.

This is the official site:

www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Have a wonderful time - Turkey is amazing.

lauraa4 Mon 08-Jun-15 10:52:43

Thank you for your reply, very helpful smile

Do you know how much it is at the airport?

CarriesBucketOfBlood Mon 08-Jun-15 10:57:43

I would advise online, because last summer the queues at the airport for Marmaris ran to about a 45 minute wait and I didn't appreciate it after a 4(?) hour flight. Have a great time!

cosmicglittergirl Mon 08-Jun-15 10:57:44

I think I paid a tenner at the airport (a few years ago). Didn't have to wait long.

brittanyfairies Mon 08-Jun-15 10:59:15

It's a tenner at the airport but much faster and easier to do it online. I think they're encouraging people to do it online these days.

magimedi Mon 08-Jun-15 10:59:21

It is $20 on line & it is more at the airport & you will have a long queue.

It used to be £10 at the airport but was changed last year.

The form is easy & it comes back fast.

lauraa4 Mon 08-Jun-15 11:30:27

Thank you everyone for your replies.

I was worried about the waiting times at the airport. Especially as we have a private taxi already booked.

magimedi Mon 08-Jun-15 11:39:17

Have a wonderful time - whereabouts are you going?

I'm going to take a guess & say Kalkan!!

(You don't have to reply!)

lauraa4 Mon 08-Jun-15 12:02:47

I'm going to Bodrum. Never been before but am told it's a great place to go smile

magimedi Mon 08-Jun-15 12:14:35

I go to Turkey every year but haven't been to Bodrum but have heard great things about it.

Turkey is lovely, the people are very friendly & the food is AMAZING!!!!

Roll on September, when I go!

cosmicglittergirl Mon 08-Jun-15 12:17:43

Bodrum is lovely, had a great holiday there.

lauraa4 Mon 08-Jun-15 12:31:17

Any suggestions on places to go? I am 6 months pregnant so nothing to adventurous!

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 08-Jun-15 13:59:49

Get your visa online before you go at the official site listed above, it is $20, which works out at about £13. Don't rely on getting it at the airport as it is £20 but some airports have stopped visa on arrival and if you don't have the correct visa they can send you home, it has happened to people so don't take the chance. It only takes 5 minutes to do it online.

Bodrum is lovely, I have been going there for over 20 years and I lived out there for 3 years too.

Are you actually staying in Bodrum or one of the resorts? You could go on a boat trip, they are very relaxing and you can easily do that whilst pregnant, otherwise maybe just going to some of the other beaches and resorts around the peninsula, you can get everywhere by dolmus (mini bus) from Bodrum bus station and nowhere is more than 30 minutes away.

If you want to know anything about the area just ask smile

lauraa4 Mon 08-Jun-15 14:21:21

Thanks for your reply sootica, we are staying on one of the resorts near to bodrum.

I was thinking boat trip. Do you know how much these cost roughly?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Mon 08-Jun-15 18:30:38

They are around £12 per person including lunch. I would advise to go on a smaller boat as some of the big ones get very packed.

Which resort are you going to?

Madbengalmum Mon 08-Jun-15 19:11:06

OP dont wait to get to the airport, get it online, they have changed the rules this year and most airports are only accepting prepaid visas
You used to be able to buy for £10 and get a passport sticker, but not now, DONT get caught out.

lauraa4 Tue 09-Jun-15 07:32:30

Thanks madbengalmum I'm definitely going to get an e-visa after what everyone has said!

sootica we are staying at the Delta Beach Resort. Have you heard of it before?

SooticaTheWitchesCat Tue 09-Jun-15 18:23:19

It is ner Yalikavak. I don't know what the hotel is like but Yalikavak is lovely.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now