Talk

Advanced search

Euro-camp holidays? Anyone been?

(13 Posts)
CelticBanshee Sun 07-Jun-15 09:57:09

If you've been... do you have any advice?
Is there anything you bring that wouldn't usually be supplied?
We're going to Dordogne in France for two weeks, staying in a chalet.. Two adults, four kids.

Besides clothes and toiletries I'm not sure if I should bring any utensils or other necessities..

Would be grateful for any advice please, thanks

Bin85 Sun 07-Jun-15 10:04:08

We tend to take our favourite kitchen utensils as DH is fussy but the year we flew we managed fine without
Depends if you have any space in car
We also take a few favourite foods and drinks , toiletries, sun cream , first aid etc but again no need really

Birgitz Sun 07-Jun-15 10:16:36

Sorry to crash the thread, but if you're not paying for the linen bundle, do you know if they provide pillows in the mobile homes and tents?

3catsandcounting Sun 07-Jun-15 14:49:28

Robinsons S'quashed (always find squash hard to find in France/Spain, and mine drink loads!)
3/4 socket extension lead - there's never enough sockets.
Sandwich bags/ice cube bags/couple of bin bags/cool bag/torch/DVDs to watch on laptop in the evenings, if there's no TV (we did this a couple of evenings following a meal out - was lovely! .. and I always take a few tea bags/sugar/coffee/hot choc sachets to use before I make it to the shops!

3catsandcounting Sun 07-Jun-15 14:51:51

Other than the above, the Eurocamp accomm is usually pretty well equipped!

CitrineRaindropPhoenix Sun 07-Jun-15 15:03:11

They supply pillows even if you don't pay for linen.

They do most stuff. We take pickle and ketchup to make sure DS eats something. Otherwise pretty much everything is available there.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sun 07-Jun-15 20:51:33

You get pillows and blankets even without linen hire.

The accommodation is very well equipped although bizarrely there is no potato peeler - hardly a disaster but worth knowing if you have an apple peel phobic toddler in your party grin

Have a look in the Accommodation section of their website - they give a detailed inventory of what's provided.

They also provide an airer but a handful of clothes pegs can be useful if it's windy. Possibly a torch. Teatowels, couple of J cloths also handy. Oh and there's no bath mat iirc.

Suttonmum1 Sun 07-Jun-15 21:00:20

Shopping bags and table tennis bats. Also a bag of fast lighting charcoal is useful as some of the stuff we've had in France has been a bit ropey (but you migt get a gas BBQ).

WinterOfOurDiscountTents15 Mon 08-Jun-15 12:48:26

The accommodation is very well equipped although bizarrely there is no potato peeler - hardly a disaster but worth knowing if you have an apple peel phobic toddler in your party

They have knives though? confused

I've always found them to be very well equipped, and if there is something you feel you are lacking the staff are generally very helpful, if they can provide it they will.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Mon 08-Jun-15 14:38:57

Yes they do have knives winter (although they're not always that sharp) - I just thought that might be useful info.

3catsandcounting Tue 09-Jun-15 11:29:38

Agree, Like! It's the little things that make a difference.
My family laugh at me taking emergency teabags and sugar sachets. They were laughing on the other side of their face when we arrived at 6am, and I got the kettle on, I can tell you!! wink

Flappingandflying Sun 28-Jun-15 13:39:59

Take a decent veg knife and a plastic chopping board. They only have the one glass board which is also a surface protector and rubbish for chopping stuff. Take two light boards, one for bread. Otherwise you are mixing raw meet and bread. Oh and a washing up thingy and cheap wash liquid. Recommend cheap liquid soap for sink and kitchen. Loo rolls. Loadsa loo rolls. Kitchen roll too. Take your own cool bag and freezer thingies for picnics and buying food (cakes) when you go out for the day.

Tea towels, oven gloves for hot pans and bbq. Bath mats. Hand towels for kitchen and bathroom. None supplied in linen pack. Ałso, i recommend taking your own beach towels because drying a wet towel from swimming is needed before having evening shower.

Torches
Flyspray (though french flyspray is good)

sunnydayinmay Sun 28-Jun-15 22:19:58

We hire linen, and extra towels if staying more than 7 nights. I usually pack:

Washing up liquid, surface cleaner, cloths, washup sponge, tea towels, pegs, loo roll.

Everything else is supplied.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now