Talk

Advanced search

Yellow fever vaccination with breast feeding

(4 Posts)
Amiirah15 Fri 05-Jun-15 21:46:30

Hi ladies, I need some help or advice. I will be travelling to Africa this month with a three month old baby. In order to protect my self and my baby I was advices to take yellow fever vaccine unfortunately, I received a call from my nurse informing me that I shouldn't breast feed my baby due to the risks involved with the vaccine. Please can you share your experiences because I really want to feed my baby but I don't want to her to have problems in the future.

controlaltdlete Sat 06-Jun-15 11:45:36

She's absolutely right. Your baby shouldn't have the vaccine & you'll need to think seriously about the need to travel/YF risks.
Where are you going?
www.nathnac.org/pro/factsheets/yellow.htm#pregnancy
Definitely have a conversation with her so you can make an informed decision.

Amiirah15 Sat 06-Jun-15 13:32:49

Hullo and thank you for the reply. My baby is not having the yellow fever vaccine its me who was vaccinated. My worry is not breast feeding her for 10 days as its too painful to use the pump. I will be traveling to Uganda

controlaltdlete Sat 06-Jun-15 13:49:56

Sounds tricky but her advise is sound. Could you have a joint appointment with your nurse and HV and decide the best way forward?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now