Cheap self catering UK holiday in July?

(9 Posts)
AuntieMaggie Tue 26-May-15 09:05:34

Am I trying to find the impossible? I'm trying to find a cheap self catering holiday in the UK for me dp and 11 month old ds in July (about 10th) before I go back to work on the 27th July

Theas18 Tue 26-May-15 09:40:16

Yep impossible TBH! Well nearly. 10/7/15 is when the independent schools break up here so you aren't ahead of school hols really.

Try late june before the schools break up, you'll do better. Also try caravan sites etc rather than cottages. Look at farms that have a few vans rather than all singing/dancing haven/centre parks types.

However if you are in the south a quick tunnel crossing and northern france would be cheaper than the UK.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll find something

Imperial Tue 26-May-15 14:40:14

Try Hoseasons - have stayed at Watermouth castle with small children which was a good base for visiting places like woolacombe, croyde, Lynton and Lynmouth and wasn't too expensive.

SaltyGoodness Tue 26-May-15 18:56:30

Auntie I'm looking for the same thing. Why is it so hard? <wails>

SummerHouse Wed 27-May-15 07:59:53

You guys need to look at Ingrid flute. Just Google search. It is holiday cottages in Yorkshire. We are going for £550 in the last week of July. Its cheaper early to mid July but we are first week of the school holidays. There is a new apartment on there in Whitby with 10% off and it looks lovely. Just have a look. Whitby is fab. Lots of places nearby to visit and fish and chips are beautiful there.

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 31-May-15 09:42:54

Have you looked at going abroad? I've just done a quick search on jet2 holidays and you can get a week self catering on 10th July for a week from Manchester for all of you for £720. Kids under 2 are generally free so now the time to go abroad before you have to pay!

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 31-May-15 09:43:50

Oh that's Majorca by the way

Buttercupsandaisies Sun 31-May-15 09:46:56

Just looked again...you can get all inclusive too for £900. That's great value - If you spend £500 here on accommodation, you could still spend a lot more of top by time you add spends etcand it could rain all week!

RoLoh Sun 31-May-15 10:14:43

There are lots of small independent holiday parks that are reasonably priced and have some facilities for kids.

We stayed in one called Gurnard Pines on the Isle of Wight which was nice, or Seaview Holiday Park in Gwendreath, Cornwall. Both under £500 for a week in 2 bed accommodation.

We tend to pick an area where we want to go and then look on google maps for local holiday parks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now