Booking holiday on Internet. Best sites please !

(9 Posts)
bigbuttons Fri 22-May-15 21:29:27

Last year I went to Turkey via Thlmas Cook. This year I want to book it myself as I felt a bit over charged! Want to go back to Turkey, it was fab. Are there any sites that are better?
I haven't got a clue so any tips would be wonderful, thanks .

spex11 Sat 23-May-15 18:39:51

I find the best place to start is Tripadvisor. Pick a resort you like and look up the hotels there. This should give you some idea of what's good and what's not. If you put in your dates, Tripadvisor usually gives you a price from various online booking sites, such as Expedia or Booking.com etc. Then check you're getting the best deal with the hotel's own website. Small hotels in Turkey can be fantastic value. Then you can search online for flights to the local airport. Good luck, you'll save loads!

bigbuttons Sun 24-May-15 20:03:05

That's great advice, thanks. I'll do that this week. I had not thought about going direct to the hotel either!

Millymollymama Sun 24-May-15 23:13:52

I agree bookings.com is good because the people reviewing have booked through them. It is not always cheaper to book yourself. You have to factor in airport transfers and often the charter flights are at horrible times of day so we do not use them and book scheduled which tend to cost more.

I have had nothing but trouble with Thomas Cook so definitely do not book with them. Their web bookings can be through an agent who put the "package" together so you have to go through a whole variety of people to get answers to problems. Thomas Cook sell the holiday, but do not take responsibility. They just fob you off. We have had decent deals with BA where you book flight and hotel. Less to go wrong!

DottyP Thu 28-May-15 21:40:30

Have a look at lowcostholidays.com. Booked flights and accommodation in Turkey through them last year and accommodation was outstanding - much better than what Thomas Cook were offering. Have booked again with them this year too.

chosenone Thu 28-May-15 21:46:10

Loveholidays
Travelrepublic
Alpharooms
Have all been great for us and much.more affordable than when we used to use thomson. Love holidays is very user friendly as, for example, we picked any destination and then filtered it down to 4/5 star, 4/5 star on tripadvisor, family, with water slides and a playground, kids club etc and it found a range if deals in differing countries that fit the bill. Enjoy smile

mumofthemonsters808 Thu 28-May-15 21:48:15

I've always used ON the beach.com and then checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor.

beachyhead Thu 28-May-15 21:51:36

I used holidaysplease this year on a recommendation from a friend. It's fab. You say what you want, how much you want to spend and they search the world for you.... I loved it..

bigbuttons Fri 29-May-15 10:52:58

Thanks yo advice here I have booked a holiday to Marrakech! It was with booking.com. I loved the fact it linked to different companies and I could look at reviews.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now