Anyone recommend a smallish hotel near a pebble cove somewhere hot

(5 Posts)
leelee6737 Fri 22-May-15 12:44:23

Hi I am trying to book a sunny holiday abroad for myself and my daughter. We only want to go for a week, we were talking about it last night and agreed on the following ideal scenario....A smallish, quiet half-board hotel with a pool but above a rocky cove here we can wander down to the beach and have a simple lunch and do a little snorkelling, then back to the hotel for supper and bed! If there is a village or small town to stroll in to then that would be nice. The pool is not essential if the beach is sheltered. We don't want to be in a massive hotel/resort and my daughter is not interested in kids clubs, she's very shy and a bit of a book worm, though if a girl her own age made the first move she'd be happy to hang out. My daughter is a very good swimmer but she's only ten so I don't want to be on a huge windswept stretch of sand, a sheltered cove where she can swim and snorkel about whilst I relax and watch her from my sunbed would be perfect! I don't mind too much where so long as it's warm - Greece.. Balearics...Croatia? Anyone have any suggestions?

higherhill Sun 24-May-15 10:19:19

Have been twice to Croatia and if it's pebbly coves you are after that's the place to go. We self catered just outside Dubrovnik in a little village called Mlini which might be perfect for you, there would appear to be some good reviews on tripadvisor for the Hotel Asterea.

leelee6737 Tue 26-May-15 09:26:33

Thank you higherhill, that's great, I will investigate....!

MrsJackAubrey Fri 29-May-15 22:43:49

Majorca around Puerto Pollenca is great

mary21 Sat 30-May-15 16:52:59

www.hotelportoloutro.com/Hotels/Porto_Loutro/index.htm no pool though and can be very hot

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now