UK Holidays/ hotels/ accomadation with separate adjoining room for older child?

(7 Posts)
YourHandInMyHand Mon 18-May-15 14:47:59

DS is getting older and we are all wanting more privacy when we go away, I'm looking for good short break options where he has his own bedroom that is separate to ours but adjoining.

Am looking at city breaks / glamping options/ seaside towns / hotels near attractions. Anything really, am open to suggestions. smile

mummymeister Mon 18-May-15 15:53:27

we have 3 kids and we decided on cottages/self catering rather than trying to sort out hotel rooms. we had a couple of disappointments when we asked for adjoining and just got next door with no connecting door that we sort of gave up. we did try the chains like Travelodge who will do them but the cost of 2 rooms is so much more than the self catering alternative.

LMGTFY Mon 18-May-15 16:06:46

The hotel at chessington has an annexe area for the children as one of the options, it gave their own room within the room with a separate tv, bathroom was between both bedroom areas, even though they were open it was fairly private.

Heels99 Mon 18-May-15 19:57:18

Adjoining does mean next door.
Interconnecting means next door with a door between the two rooms.
If you ask for adjoining but want interconnecting you may not end up with what you want.
Most hotels do interconnecting op but you are paying double as you want two rooms which is why self catering such as a serviced apartment, cottage etc can be more cost effective.

YourHandInMyHand Wed 20-May-15 08:12:52

Thanks for clarifying that heels99, wouldn't want to book the wrong thing. smile

I've never done a UK self catering apartment but it may be a good option, I will investigate! I'm leaning more towards a city break, now DS is older we can do things like shopping, eating out, a show, etc and he is old enough to enjoy it. Am thinking probably be more SC apartments that I'm looking at in a city area. ?

Heels99 Wed 20-May-15 08:21:08

Look for serviced apartments.
Although premier inn is very cheap if booked in advance.

mary21 Wed 20-May-15 17:42:48

Old park hotel isle of whight?.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now