Talk

Advanced search

Best holiday price query..

(11 Posts)
gotredonyou Tue 27-Jan-15 11:29:22

We have decided on the hotel we want to honeymoon at this November (Sun Palace, Cancun) The most suitable flights are with Thomson and currently for 14 days AI it is £3800. Our maximum budget was £3500 and in branch they advised the earlier we book, the cheaper the holiday. but they would wouldn't they?

Just wanted some advice really on the best time to book? I've been tracking the holiday price for the last couple of weeks and it hasn't changed at all. I am aware that obv if we left it really late we'd get a good deal but not necessarily the hotel we wanted.

So should we book now to secure the holiday or risk it to get a better deal?

mummymeister Tue 27-Jan-15 14:26:52

theres the dilemma!! each time you go on to check the prices make sure you delete all of your cookies. they track what you are looking at and prices will change because of this. a travel agent once told me that late deals were the holidays no one else wanted. so either book what you want now or risk it not being available. all depends how set you are on this particular place I guess. also, have you priced flights and hotel separately? you can go on skyscanner or ebookers for the flights and tripadvisor to contact the hotel directly. you might find pulling it together yourself is cheaper and it isn't that tricky to do.

gotredonyou Tue 27-Jan-15 15:47:58

Thanks for the reply smile I've tried pricing the flights and hotel separately but the only flights I could find cheaper had 1 or 2 stops which almost doubles the flight time. The travel agent told me about how they track how often you look at the holidays but I haven't deleted my cookies and the price hasn't changed at all in the last two weeks! xx

mirpuppet Sun 01-Feb-15 11:45:51

November in Cancun is low season. If you are flexible on hotels I think you could get it cheaper.

But you would risk the flights.

bonhomme Sun 01-Feb-15 20:04:10

I would book 5 - 6 weeks before if possible

gotredonyou Mon 02-Feb-15 09:12:33

Wouldn't 5-6 weeks before be a bit risky?? We are pretty much set on this hotel as it seems perfect for what we're looking for & great reviews (no 3 in cancun on tripadvisor) x

bonhomme Mon 02-Feb-15 16:44:13

For your honeymoon, then yes I probably wouldn't take the risk. But normally I would as you are travelling outside of school holidays. We booked our Caribbean holiday for the very start of the school holidays and booked about 8 weeks before, but a week after booking, the price dropped again. If you are set on the hotel and it is your honeymoon, just book it and pay the price!

PestoSnowissimos Mon 02-Feb-15 16:50:48

Beware, November is tail end of hurricane season. My friend & her family got caught in a hurricane in Mexico at the same time of year, a couple of years ago. The whole hotel had to be boarded up & they were stuck in their hotel room for 3 days!!

gotredonyou Tue 03-Feb-15 09:25:34

Oh dear that sounds terrifying Pesto We are going last week in November/First week of December so hopefully hurricane season will have passed by then?

PestoSnowissimos Tue 03-Feb-15 09:35:31

Hopefully you won't be affected, but more advice

here

fluffapuss Tue 03-Feb-15 22:47:48

Hello Sometimes it is cheaper to book direct with the hotel, via their own website

But you would have to organise your own flights & transfers

But might be worth looking

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: