Advanced search

Weekend out with toddler

(4 Posts)
dodi1978 Sun 18-Jan-15 21:58:43

My husband and I would like to go away with our toddler (18 months) at the end of January. Just for the weekend, so most likely just a one night stay. We are in the south east, and don't want to drive too far. We are thinking of nothing too adventurous... say town were we can have a bit of a "mooch around" (as my husband would say), but it'd be great if there was a fun pool / childrens farm / some sort of kids activity nearby.

We also need advice on accommodation... ideally we would like somewhere where we don't have to sit in a darkened room from 8pm... maybe B&B with downstairs lounge or sth like that (we can take the baby monitor)... any suggestions welcome.

I welcome any suggestions, be it generic ones or "try out that place"! Thanks, wise mumsnetters!

mummymeister Mon 19-Jan-15 12:03:24

you should be able to pick up a self catering cottage fairly cheaply. then you can come and go as you want and have space for yourselves in the evening. In January you are going to find that a lot of the tourist attraction type places either have limited opening times or are shut so bear this in mind when booking.

iusedtobecool Tue 20-Jan-15 15:45:12

I've heard great things about Bedruthan Hotel. It's in Cornwall and does family and toddler packages. Not sure how far away it is from you, but it certainly looks gorgeous!

Hobbes8 Tue 20-Jan-15 15:57:32

Lewes is quite nice, and had lots of nice farms near by. We like Spring Barn Farm which has a indoor play area with slides and ride on toy tractors.

Rye is a very pretty town - you can easily mooch around it in less than a day and then head to Camber for a wall on the beach.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now