Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp in South Brittany with preschoolers???

(10 Posts)
dannyboyle Thu 15-Jan-15 21:42:04

Looking for take a 4 and 2 year old Eurocamping in South Brittany in June. Confused about the different campsites and looking for recommendations.

Options appear to be L'Atlantique, La Pointe St Gilles, La Grande Metarire and Les Deux Fontaines. Looking for a mix of beach, pools, farm animals/child horse riding, bikes, play areas etc. although well aware we will not get all of them.

Any advice please?

Heels99 Fri 16-Jan-15 07:52:52

I have done atlantique and LA grand Metairie but atlantique was years ago without dcs so can't reliably comment on what it is like now. . I would vote for la grand Metairie it has everything on your list. Indoor and outdoor pools, weather can be unreliable in Brittany in fact it rained non stop one of the weeks we were there so the indoor pool was a godsend, the outdoor pool is fab, slides lazy river etc. playground, a few farm animals, horse riding. Close to local beaches. Eurocamp childrens couriers babysat for us ( extra fee) a couple times so we could go offsite for nice dinners. My dcs were two years old when we went. Get a gate for the decking from the courier so kids can play out on decking without wandering onto road. They supply high chairs travel cots etc.

Have a great time

dreamingofsun Fri 16-Jan-15 10:21:40

haven't done st gilles. grand metairie is proper s brittany, lovely area, one of our favourite beaches - men du - anywhere and we are fussy. big site, went a couple of times, but more for the area than the site.

altantique - we had appalling weather and place was a mud bath. you can walk through a wood to a long sandy beach with no facilities.

les deux - smaller site than grand met. i really liked this one - you walk across farmland to a sandy/rockpool beach and the coastal path. area not as nice as carnac - grand met area - and thats why we didn't go back. nice beach about 10 mins drive away - park by road, looks very much like cornwall with fewer people.

ukcampsites.co.uk will also have reviews. my favourites are grand met (due to area) - we visited at least twice in mobile and once in guite; and les deux - cause i like walking through farmland to beach and also the beach you could drive to was nice. eurocamp pitches were good position and quite large

dannyboyle Fri 16-Jan-15 12:12:14

Thank you. Had provisionally booked atlantique before seeing your messages so may well review today!

dreamingofsun Fri 16-Jan-15 12:37:48

weather was so bad we really didnt get a good view of atlantique. everwhere was muddy and we couldn't use the facilities.

dannyboyle Fri 16-Jan-15 12:42:22

I think that's what is making me worried, if it is wet then would ruin it. Depends whether other sites would have same problem

dannyboyle Fri 16-Jan-15 12:45:17

Was put off the Carnac one due to drive to beach, would like to use the car as little as possible for a week!

Heels99 Fri 16-Jan-15 12:47:51

We had one sunny week and one very very rainy week at LA grand Metairie. Tents wee flooded out but mobile homes like we had were fine. Don't remember it being muddy. Was not a vast amount to do locally in the rain though! Indoor pool was great and we did some sightseeing. That is of course the problem with Brittany, th bloody weather!

dannyboyle Fri 16-Jan-15 12:59:02

Yes doing the Eurocamp mobile home

dreamingofsun Fri 16-Jan-15 13:52:25

you will be missing out on some lovely beaches if you don't use car though. in both les deux and grand metairie we found some lovely off the beaten track spots and in june almost had beach to ourselves. picknicked in a field of orchids. get a detailed map. places that have mega views are shown. men du is lovely - carnac

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: