Talk

Advanced search

Carribbean Holiday next year for my 50 - has to be famiyl orientated as DS age 10 is coming!!!

(21 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Tue 13-Jan-15 15:10:14

Can anyone recommend a hotel that has the luxuary for me, nice restaurants, pool, maybe spa and enough for DS age 10 to do kids club maybe entertainment at night

toomuchcoffeetoomuchwine Tue 13-Jan-15 19:12:57

Antigua - Carlisle Bay if you want to spank some serious cash, or St James Club if you want somewhere still nice but not as eyewateringly expensive. We did Antigua as direct BA flights from London, easy to hire a car and go out exploring.

PestoStormissimos Tue 13-Jan-15 19:15:00

Coconut Bay Beach Resort, St Lucia

MoreBeta Tue 13-Jan-15 19:18:05

Recently went to Club Med Dominican Republic, Very family oriented and loads for kids to do of a high standard with carers/faciltators dedicated to making the holiday good for the kids. All inclusive, we had a nice villa on the beach with our own bar staff, own chef in the evenings, etc and access to all the club facilities as well.

Littlefish Tue 13-Jan-15 19:24:30

Verandah Resort and Spa, Antigua

We've been to the Verandah twice with dd who is now 10. We've never used the kids club though as the beach is so lovely and safe that we just lazed around on sun loungers while dd played in the water with friends that she'd made there.

hulahoopsilove Wed 14-Jan-15 09:37:53

have been to st Lucia and Dom Rep so would like to try elsewhere. Will look at the Verandah Littlefish - anyone done Barbados?

ReverseTheTrend Wed 14-Jan-15 09:39:39

Have you looked at Sensatori Jamaica? It's beautiful and kids clubs are great

hulahoopsilove Wed 14-Jan-15 10:10:14

Jamaica really doenst appeal to me

hulahoopsilove Thu 15-Jan-15 13:30:50

anyone else suggest anywhere that maybe has a few activities for kids to do, slides etc...

elastamum Thu 15-Jan-15 13:33:34

Windjammer landings in St Lucia is fabulous for children and adults - best holiday ever

hulahoopsilove Thu 15-Jan-15 13:45:32

Thanks Elastamum, what activities are there for a 10 year old?

mummymeister Fri 16-Jan-15 09:46:16

Florida keys was good - plenty of outdoor stuff for kids to do and didn't get too hot. have also been to Belize recently and stayed in a fantastic hotel called Grand Caribe.

awaynboilyurheid Sat 17-Jan-15 15:49:18

Have you thought of a cruise? lots of activities for your son if you pick a good cruise line and you get to see a lot more of the Caribbean as its a different port every day. Some ships have water parks with slides etc.

Madamecastafiore Sat 17-Jan-15 15:51:24

I know it's not the Caribbean but Mauritius is lovely (less chance of hurricane). We went to Maritim and DS 10 loved it. Loads of sporty activities for him to fill his day, was super clean, had a nice gym and food was good.

Eastwickwitch Sat 17-Jan-15 16:48:07

Sugar Beach St Lucia
and yes, definitely consider Mauritius. We've stayed in some ritzy hotels with every conceivable sport included. DSs once spent 2 weeks water skiing & wake boarding every day.

bonhomme Sun 18-Jan-15 15:05:29

I would go to Barbados - gorgeous, lots to do, easy to get round on reggae buses, beautiful beaches..... need I go on?

hulahoopsilove Sun 18-Jan-15 17:42:37

I will look into Mauritius somewhere I'd not considered. Any suggestions for places to stay in Barbados Bonhomme???

lovetoski Sun 18-Jan-15 17:50:10

Depends on budget but what about the British Virgin Islands. We stayed at the Bitter end yacht club, fantastic location for exploring even better if you sail.

isittheweekendyet Sun 18-Jan-15 17:50:23

I'll second the suggestion for Coconut Bay in St Lucia. Our best family holiday.

Eastwickwitch Sun 18-Jan-15 17:56:40

www.beachcomber-hotels.com/hotel/trou-aux-biches-resort-spa.html

This is a super hotel. The activities are complimentary.

www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/en/sugarbeach this is breathtaking, the accommodation for families is in villas with private pools, but sadly has the price to match.

bonhomme Sun 18-Jan-15 20:08:41

Hi, the Tamarind is fabulous, on a beautiful stretch of beach -just down the beach from the Sandy Lane but without the $$$ price tag. It has great facilities for children and lovely calm waters. Barbados is a low hurricane risk.

I have been to Mauritius too - it is lovely - stayed at Le Tousserok and the Saint Geran - but I preferred Barbados. It has more character IMO and you can be a little confined to your 5 star hotel in Mauritius. Haven't been anywhere else in the Caribbean but have heard good things about Saint Lucia - although a little less developed than Barbados I have heard.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: