Advanced search

Holiday abroad with a baby on special formula milk?

(4 Posts)
CinnamonStix Mon 12-Jan-15 22:21:40

DS2 is on special formula milk which has to be made with powder, there isn't a pre-made bottle option. I'm wondering if it's even worth going on holiday abroad with the faff of going on the plane and making up feeds while we're there. Has anyone experienced going abroad with a baby on special formula milk? Also - if we have a self-catering apartment, can I just boil the kettle and make a feed like normal? Or is the water not safe? We're thinking of Sicily.

Heels99 Tue 13-Jan-15 11:14:43

Hi, special formula milk which is powdered is surely no different to any other powdered formula milk in terms of it being a factor to consider when travelling abroad? I'm wouldn't let some milk formula stop you going on holiday! I have taken babies and formula abroad. Yes we boiled the kettle to make up feeds or use bottled water, but not mineral water. Surely the faff of making up feeds is no different to the faff of making up feeds if you were on holiday in UK? Make up the feed on plane with bottled water.
I am not seeing what the problem is?

SavoyCabbage Tue 13-Jan-15 11:19:14

It will be fine. Just take the tins in your suitcase and some powder in your hand luggage like everyone else. I flew to Australia on my own with my two dds and took enough milk for the 26 hour flight.

specialsubject Tue 13-Jan-15 11:22:59

water safety depends where you are. If the tap water isn't drinkable, just buy the bottled stuff, which you'll need anyway.

no problem, apart from it making you really appreciate our tap water!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now