Talk

Advanced search

Company has cancelled outbound flights

(5 Posts)
bigTillyMint Mon 12-Jan-15 13:43:30

We booked in June for Feb half term, so just under 5 weeks before we are due to go. The company is offering a full refund for the outbound flights, but it will cost us over £800 to replace them. This is for 4 flights London-Geneva.

Has anyone got any advice?

Rosa Mon 12-Jan-15 13:50:19

For a start if it is an airline direct booking then they should offer you an alternative . If it is via a travel agency then again they should not be accepting the refund on your behalf but asking for you to be prerotected on another route / airline.
Don't just accept the full refund as I am sure you have passenger rights even if the booking is being cancelled over 2 weeks.

bigTillyMint Mon 12-Jan-15 13:54:42

Thanks Rosa!

It was booked with Go To Gate (which I think must be Swedish given the email) via Sky Scanner on Darwin Airlines and the email says that unfortunately the airline can only offer a full refund at this time.

sad

Rosa Mon 12-Jan-15 17:23:20

www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g1-i10702-k7753309-GOTOGATE_anyone_had_a_GOOD_experience-Air_Travel.html#60781893

There are more on trip Advisor and other sites... if you can do a FULL cancellation even for the return and book elsewher they are a 3rd party company and don't have a good name.

bigTillyMint Mon 12-Jan-15 17:26:16

Rosa, that is so helpful. Thank you very much!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: