Advanced search

Balearics resort, just me and the kids

(4 Posts)
MayIcarryYourSchoolBooks Mon 12-Jan-15 10:17:44

Hi. This summer I'll have to go on holiday by myself with DS aged 11 and DD aged 8. DH is swamped at work and cannot take a holiday at all. I am dreading it to be honest but we cannot just stay at home for the whole summer. Anyway. I was hoping for recommendations of somewhere safe to go, just the three of us. I have chosen the Balearics because I speak a bit of Spanish and the weather is not as extreme as somewhere like Greece which we find unbearable. Ideally I'd like a friendly laid back resort with a not too grueling transfer, half board, evening entertainment and some sort of kids club, the hotel's own would be fine. If there was something outside the resort to see within walking distance, that would be marvellous.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. I don't understand why I'm freaking out a bit about this!!!

Joolsy Mon 12-Jan-15 13:13:34

Hi we went to Sirenis Club Aura in Ibiza in July '13. Weather just right, 2 hour flight, transfer about an hour, and it has a waterpark onsite. Beach just down the road. Not alot to do in the vicinity and it is also all inclusive but I find that better than half board as kids can help themselves to ice cream & drinks. We loved it there.

Wellieswithaholein Mon 12-Jan-15 14:03:21

I would also recommend Ibiza- we went to the El Greco in Portinax a couple of years ago. It is also AI and has a small waterpark and is set right on the very nice small beach, which has watersports. It was really laid back and family friendly with good kids club . Ibiza town is worth a visit and there are some easy walks. There's a little train that takes ou on trips around the island too.

I also liked Cala D'or - but we only went for a day trip from a cruise.

Last year we cruised from Southampton down to Spain and France and back so no flying and the kids clubs/food/entertainment are fab. There are organised trips but we just did our own thing.

Letmeeatcakecakecake Tue 13-Jan-15 22:14:28

I will third ibiza! Also went to portinitx which was beautiful! Stayed at Costa sur which DS loved

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now