Talk

Advanced search

Lightweight cot?

(5 Posts)
jugglingmonkey Wed 07-Jan-15 20:50:42

We are staying with friends in Dubai for 3 nights en route to Thailand.
DS is a very lively/wriggly 14 month old - but I need a lightweight travel cot to take away.
Does anyone have any recommendations? The Koodi bubble one looks good but I imagine he might just topple it over?

NormHonal Wed 07-Jan-15 20:52:48

Can you find one to rent locally rather than buy/lug one over there? Could your friends borrow one?

We had a Koodi and I wouldn't have used it for that age, TBH.

Misty9 Fri 09-Jan-15 22:05:51

At that age could he use a childs air bed? I'm pretty sure my brother used such a thing for his son as he was too long for most cots...it had some kind of slight lip around the edge iirc.

3BloodyKids Fri 09-Jan-15 22:14:11

we've got a brilliant pop up travel cot. It's the same principle as the pop up tents, so goes into a big flat semi circle, but it's only about a kilo instead of 9kg.

However, googling isn't finding it and ours is at my mum's! I can find out if you want. It's a French brand and quite expensive (120ish??) compared to normal ones, so that might negate any benefits.

NotMyChashkaChai Sat 10-Jan-15 21:14:24

We have the little life arc cot. It's like a tent. It isn't pop up but only takes a minute or two to put up. It folds down really small and only weighs 2.5kg. It has a comfy mattress - dd sleeps all night in it and it's pretty roomy - I can just about squash into it! ours has been with us all over South Africa, Croatia, Bosnia as well as those trips to the grandparents! dd is still in it at 2yo with plenty of room to spare!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now