Talk

Advanced search

Jersey vs Guernsey

(4 Posts)
Icouldstillbejoseph Mon 05-Jan-15 20:53:23

Planning on going to one of the above with DS (4.5) and DD (2.5) in the summer.
I have been to Jersey a couple of times before and would prefer to try Guernsey but am concerned that there will not be enough to entertain the children.
I am hoping the weather will be good and they may take to playing on a beach (they've not really been to a beach before). But in case the weather is poor.....

Any advice gratefully received....

Cedar03 Fri 09-Jan-15 10:18:51

We went to Guernsey a couple of years ago. Had a lovely time - it is a real bucket and spade holiday place. There is stuff to do if the weather isn't great - museum, fort, bowling rink - from memory. We were lucky in that we mostly had good weather and we tend to put on waterproofs and get out and about even if it's not.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Fri 09-Jan-15 11:31:34

Sorry to hijack - can you recommend anywhere to stay in Jersey for children of that age?

TyrannosaurusBex Mon 16-Feb-15 23:51:07

Very late to the party, but the advantage of Guernsey over Jersey is the proximity to the smaller islands, Herm and Sark. They are lovely, no cars and very child-friendly. Herm is like a Famous Five location and kids love the horse-drawn carriages in Sark. Guernsey's town is much prettier than Jersey's but there are fewer child-friendly tourist attractions (Castle Cornet is good, though).

The Merton in Jersey is great for kids, it has an aquadome and an American-style diner which mine love.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: