Talk

Advanced search

Holiday ideas please!!

(9 Posts)
andwhatnow Mon 05-Jan-15 18:42:54

Please help...where would you recommend based on the following:

There will be myself and my son, nearly 16. We are both quite adventurous...our last holiday was in The Gambia.

My son loves the sights, etc, culture wouldn't be wasted on him. Can only go school holidays. Looking to spend under 2.5k, but would love to go further afield. Preferably direct flights! Suggestions welcome x

sailorsgal Mon 05-Jan-15 19:04:07

Go to Cuba! Havana for a few days and possibly a few days at the beach.

sailorsgal Mon 05-Jan-15 19:09:56

Goa and Sri Lanka could be possible on your budget.

LIZS Mon 05-Jan-15 19:11:38

Morocco, Sri Lanka, even Himalayas? How about looking at one of the adventure/walking holidays like https://www.explore.co.uk/family-holidays

sailorsgal Mon 05-Jan-15 19:13:29

Oh yes Morocco. Marrakech and a trip into the mountains. We went October half term and fab weather.

andwhatnow Mon 05-Jan-15 19:15:55

Thank you,.....am already looking at your suggestions!!

nannyafrica Mon 05-Jan-15 20:27:15

Sri Lanka
we did a 3 week touring trip with private car and driver with flights around £1000 each
we love the country and hope to go back this year
PM if you would like details

Stars66 Mon 05-Jan-15 20:31:52

Sri Lanka or Mexico. You can fly direct to Cancun and then bus around the Yucatan peninsular, which has jungle, ruins, cenotes, beaches, diving grin Depending on the length of your trip you can pop in to Guatemala or Belize grin

LindaAPerez123 Wed 21-Jan-15 04:23:01

Canada would be the ideal place for both of you. Since you and your son love adventurous destinations,try out a lakeside inn The Killarney Lodge Inside Algonquin Park Canada(http://www.killarneylodge.com/algonquin-park-activities/
) which would be the right place for both of you to enjoy.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: