Talk

Advanced search

Large family holiday woes

(10 Posts)
Mmljztaamal Sun 04-Jan-15 19:05:50

I have 9 kids altogether but 7 will be coming on holiday the oldest two 20 and 18 are staying at home , so there's me hubby and then 14,12,8,6,4,3,1 ages they will be when we go however I can't find a two week holiday for July 11th , we like cornwall , Devon and Isle of Wight my hubby has spinal cord damage so while a adapted caravan or property is not necessary he would not managed in a tent .
we only really do the beach so we would need a beach to be close to the site without a huge cliff walk or lots and lots of steps .
I've tried looking for places for 9 people but soooo expensive at 1500-£3000 for 2 weeks , hubby said to just find a 8 berth caravan but I'm worried they would kick us off if they counted us all !
I don't see why we couldn't book a 8 berth after all there's 11 of us in total in a 3 bed house,
Have any if you booked a smaller berth for what you needed and can any if you recommended good sites in cornwall Devon or Isle of Wight that is suitable for us close to beach and not more than £1200 in total please , ive tried looking but my eyes are blurring through looking lol I must be missing something or done trick or does it mean no holiday this year for us

CaulkheadUpNorth Sun 04-Jan-15 19:08:01

Have you looked at Thorness Bay? It's on the beach, but one of the quieter iow beaches so may be cheaper.

ChippyMinton Sun 04-Jan-15 19:11:25

Under-2's may not count? If they sleep in a travel cot.

ChippyMinton Sun 04-Jan-15 19:21:44

Hoseasons - search holiday parks for 2 adults, 6 children, 1 infant in south west England and several options come up smile

triplets Tue 06-Jan-15 08:30:01

We rent a fab large house in Thorpness in Suffolk would easily sleep you all, 5 mins walk to fab beach, lovely village, pub a mins walk away, lovely walk along beach to Aldeburgh, really good location. PM me if you want more details.

triplets Tue 06-Jan-15 08:41:10

Just checked for you and sadly its booked the 11th for one week but available 18th.

ChippyMinton Tue 06-Jan-15 16:39:57

Triplets, hope you don't mind, I have PMed you smile

Mmljztaamal Tue 06-Jan-15 21:52:03

I'm not sure how to pm u triplets but I'm looking for two weeks 18th might be ok if week after free as well

Mmljztaamal Tue 06-Jan-15 21:52:34

Now also including Great Yarmouth and Weymouth

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Fri 09-Jan-15 10:55:02

Under 2's aren't usually included if they are in a cot.

If you could take the ferry across from Wales to Rosslare in Ireland you could stay here in a 4 bed house sleeping 8 adults and they will provide cots, stairgates etc. too.
www.wexfordbeachhomes.ie/rates.html

Its �1250 per week in high season which is �975 per week at todays spot rate or �1950. You'd have the ferry costs on top though. The houses are about 30 mins drive from the ferry port so not a lot of petrol at the other side.

Beautiful beaches in what is known as the Sunny South East of Ireland - they were used in the filming of Saving Private Ryan. There are lots of caravan parks in the area too so if the ferry doesn't put you off you could improve on the price.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now