Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone tell me hotel room configurations with 2 adults, one child in AI resorts?

(8 Posts)
OddFodd Sun 04-Jan-15 14:06:28

I'm a single parent to a child with SN who sleeps with me. A friend has said she wants to come on holiday with us (her husband hates beach holidays) but not sure how the beds will work. Is there a double and a single? My sister said there might be a double and a camp bed which wouldn't work at all. Ideally my friend would have her own room (sure she'd like privacy) but in the packages I've found, I can't find out anything about what the room layout is likely to be.

littlequestion Sun 04-Jan-15 22:13:28

We have done 2 and both times there was a double bedroom and the kids slept on sofa/ beds in the lounge area.

Hersetta427 Sun 04-Jan-15 22:47:42

Just be careful that the other bed is a full size single, sometimes they are only meant for children so are not long enough or an adult.

trilbydoll Sun 04-Jan-15 22:49:17

The first choice website is quite good at describing the rooms. We had a 2 bed appt in Lanzarote last year, was lovely!

dancingwitch Sun 04-Jan-15 22:53:22

If you have a double room which can sleep 4, it is likely to be a double bed with a sofa bed; if a 2 bed apt, then a double in one room & a twin in another but you'd be looking at paying under occupancy rates. Thomson also have room layouts on their website.

iamusuallybeingunreasonable Sun 04-Jan-15 23:21:13

Depends, I would check with the hotel

Sometimes it's a king and a sofa bed, other times it's been 2 kings and a pull out or sofa, and once we had this funky apartment style one with a king, a day bed and a sofa bed

OddFodd Sun 04-Jan-15 23:29:47

Thanks very much - some of the photos look like it's a double and a single in the pix but then have realised that it's a photo of a twin room and that squiffy wide angle lens they use makes the bed nearest the camera look massive!

Good tip re Thomson and First Choice - the company I'm looking at booking through doesn't seem to do photos/room layouts but I will have a look at other websites.

atticusclaw Sun 04-Jan-15 23:33:01

Every hotel will be different. We've been to hotels where there is a sofa bed and others where there is a camp bed. All likely to be in the same room though with very little space unless it's specified as having a separate room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now