Talk

Advanced search

Selecting our plane seats - advice please?

(16 Posts)
Atalanta Sat 03-Jan-15 23:06:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hersetta427 Sat 03-Jan-15 23:13:47

When we travel I sit in one row with the two kids and dh either sits. Immediately behind me or just across the isle. The kids prefer being together as sometimes they watch the same thing on the DVD player.

homebythesea Sat 03-Jan-15 23:15:34

Agree have both children with one adult- means you or DH can assist with food, vomiting (!) etc and also they won't have to climb over a stranger to get to the loo

BeautifulPain Sat 03-Jan-15 23:17:17

We sit in a row so 3 then either Dh or myself across the aisle.

Atalanta Sat 03-Jan-15 23:21:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Hersetta427 Sun 04-Jan-15 22:44:56

Yes definitely. Film on iPad or portable DVD player!

Bluecarrot Sun 04-Jan-15 22:47:58

3 together then one across aisle ( maybe even diagonally in front or behind) so parents can switch over with one across aisle getting a break to read/doze. And go nearer to back or front so less likely to get trapped between drinks carts when kid needs the loo urgently.

homebythesea Mon 05-Jan-15 17:08:54

Movement of the plane is greater at the back - if there is any HINT of one of them being ill pay to get forward seats <speaks from bitter experience>

littlequestion Mon 05-Jan-15 22:30:00

We sit one adult, one child in two rows so both the dc can have a window seat.

FairyPenguin Fri 09-Jan-15 07:14:13

We've done both and would now always go for three in a row, then one across the aisle. One child sits at window on way there, one on way back. The adults can talk to each other across the aisle or one can sit in middle seat if the DC start arguing.

It is really annoying for the other passenger (and embarrassing for you) if you have to keep asking them to move so your child can go to the loo (again).

BIWI Fri 09-Jan-15 07:19:40

Have a look at seatguru.com for the specific plane you're flying on - they will tell you if some seats are better than others, or where you might get more room.

Also, make sure you find out how long in advance you can go online and choose your seats (if you can - not all airlines let you). I don't know how long your flight is, but on a long haul flight it's best to avoid being near to the toilets, as you end up with people queueing down the aisle around you, and it gets quite crowded there.

nooka Fri 09-Jan-15 07:33:35

Just to agree with everyone else who has said three and one over the aisle. My personal preference is always to get seats as near to the front of the plane as possible, as I like to get on last and off first if possible. Can be an issue with getting enough space in the overhead bins though.

Artandco Fri 09-Jan-15 07:39:38

We always do the opposite. Always x2 in x2 rows. Then both children have window seat, and no chance to bicker

Ds1 has just completed his 50th flight at the age of 4 years! This has worked best

toofarfromcivilisation Fri 09-Jan-15 07:43:33

We do the sneaky booking the window and the aisle and have never yet have anyone take up the single seat in the middle.

Comingfoccacia Fri 09-Jan-15 07:50:31

Do bear in mind that seat requests are never 100% guaranteed and the airlines can alter them. If you pay to reserve then it should be OK but if there is a change of aircraft then you may get moved around. Though this rarely happens. Bon voyage!

PrimalLass Sat 10-Jan-15 11:20:49

My kids tend to bicker so we take one each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now