Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tuscany- where?

(10 Posts)
TooHasty Wed 31-Dec-14 19:10:44

Flying to pisa and hiring car.Travelling with DH and 3 teens.We definitely want self catering as eating out is too expensive every meal.
There are 2 choices - holiday park or villa/apartment. Could probably get villa cheaper than Holiday parks with a British Company like Al Fresco.Have come across an Italian company called 'Elite Club Vacanze' having accommodation on the same parks which is substantially cheaper but that might be because it is run down.I can't find any reviews for them.
We will be sightseeing every day

cheerup Wed 31-Dec-14 20:25:03

Elite Club Vacanze is the company that owns the campsites that Eurocamp, Thompson Al Fresco etc have their accommodation on. As I recall their sites are Parc Albatros, Norcenni Girasol and I Pini. I haven't tried their accommodation but in France generally parcs own accommodation is good and better located than Eurocamp et al. We are going to Le Pianacce again in their own accomm and last time it was very good, better than Eurocamp with bed linen supplied, beds made and changed weekly. This time we have two loos and a dishwasher (v easily pleased!)

TooHasty Wed 31-Dec-14 22:57:47

Thanks Cheerup! We stayed at a Yelloh campsite last year and was very impressed by the cheap good quality accommodation!
I think I'll book Norcenni!

TooHasty Thu 01-Jan-15 00:00:50

...actually , maybe not there.On closer inspection it looks a bit full on!

ihatethecold Wed 07-Jan-15 19:40:50

Norcenni is a great site.
Nice pools and very easy to get the train into Florence.
We went in June a few years ago.
It wasn't too busy.
School holidays I would imagine are very busy.

TreadSoftlyOnMyDreams Fri 09-Jan-15 11:42:33

How old/trustworthy are your teens? There are two holiday cottages on this estate. The buildings are seconds apart but you would be in two separate homes. The larger one is closer to the electronic gates to the property.
www.homeaway.co.uk/p38
www.homeaway.co.uk/p39

They are in the grounds of a v large villa in an expensive part of Florence, about 10 mins walk into the centre of town. Large unheated pool on site.

Spent a fab two weeks here a few years back. It was lovely to get up early and do the sights of Florence, pick up some food at the market and get back to bbq or eat lunch at home and then collapse by the pool for the afternoon.

TooHasty Sat 10-Jan-15 17:39:34

Have booked Norcenni in the end with a Dutch Company called Roan , who were about half teh price of any British companies. Fingers crossed!

ihatethecold Sat 10-Jan-15 18:44:45

We went with Vacanzesoliel there, which was loads cheaper than canvas, euro camp etc.

TooHasty Sun 11-Jan-15 16:11:37

Rip Off Britain!

ihatethecold Sun 11-Jan-15 16:56:43

Yep!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now