Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

skiing holiday with a child

(4 Posts)
writtenguarantee Wed 31-Dec-14 12:10:56

I have a six year old and want to take her skiing. she is a total beginner, so I am looking for a place with a good school. Also, I want to ski myself so the school should be drop off/pick up painlessly.

Any suggestions? Something easily accessible from London. Also, I don't want to go for a whole week, just say for four days (thurs-sunday).

CalicoBlue Wed 31-Dec-14 13:54:57

All the french reports will have ski schools, you can usually book full day or morning or afternoon.

I have taken mine to Avoriaz and Les Arcs and they were both great for kids. The British Ski school are good if she does not speak French.

If you are able to take her during term time it will be much quieter. I used to take mine in March and it worked really well. Avoid February half term if you can.

LIZS Wed 31-Dec-14 14:02:43

Most resorts will have English speaking ski schools. However most would expect you to block book a week's lessons starting Sunday or Monday and at busy times they may less than flexible for those on shorter breaks. Tbh you'd be better looking for a smaller resort with a short transfer to make the most of your time. Seefeld or Zell am see in Austria for example or Morzine in France.

MillyMollyMama Wed 31-Dec-14 17:06:25

A lot of the ski schools run for a week in Europe. In Canada they are more flexible. It might be difficult to get 4 days in school holidays too. I would look at any resort close to Geneva, including the French ones. Also there are resorts quite close to Saltzburg such as Elmeau and Kitzbuel which might suit. You could see if companies like Powder Byre have any spare capacity.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now