Talk

Advanced search

How Much will I Need to Pay to Change Holiday Dates?

(6 Posts)
BaconAndAvocado Tue 30-Dec-14 20:20:05

We've booked a 2 week trip to Florida for August 2015.

Having done a bit of research on it, I think it will be less busy if we go about 10 days later.

We've booked with Thomson and have also already booked a day at Discovery Cove.

Would it even be possible given how popular Florida is at that time of year?

Tia

SavoyCabbage Tue 30-Dec-14 20:28:40

You will have to ask as there is no standard for want of a better word. It might say in the paperwork.

They might not do it at all. I've just changed mine and they looked at the cost of the flights for the new dates and charged me the difference in price and charged me an admin fee of about £150.

mummymeister Wed 31-Dec-14 16:21:26

It would be easier to get them to agree to the change of dates if you had a reason for it - friends wedding, party, something else.

BaconAndAvocado Thu 01-Jan-15 21:58:45

Thanks.

I've now read that, because of Labor Day being later this year, the children won't be going back to school until early September which won't affect us anyway!

Optimist1 Thu 01-Jan-15 22:25:33

Sorry, mummymeister , a sob story will have no impact whatever on the possibility or cost of making a change of date.

Hersetta427 Fri 02-Jan-15 09:50:50

it is usually £50 per person plus you would have to pay extra if the holiday you are taking is more expensive on your proposed new dates, you would also lose any free child place if you have one, so the costs could be considerable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now