Talk

Advanced search

Eurocamp Brittany - any recommendations with small children?

(12 Posts)
BumgrapesofWrath Mon 29-Dec-14 21:06:36

Looking at going to a Eurocamp this year for a bit of a change from our UK caravan holiday.

There seem to be a lot of campsites in Brittany and I'm struggling to know which camp to choose. I also don't know France well, so not sure where is good to go. Any recommendations? We have a four year old and a two year old so a camp that would suit them would be best.

FanSpamTastic Mon 29-Dec-14 21:24:25

We have stayed at l'atlantique in beg meil. My kids were older 6, 9 and 10 when we stayed there. It has a good pools complex - very clean. Mine loved the slides, pools etc but they could be quite independent there. It also has a good playground. Shop is well stocked and they bake fresh bread etc daily.

There were kids clubs but mine did not use them - the older 2 said they were for younger kids and the youngest would not go on his own!

The beach is about a 10 minute walk from the centre of the camp site through a pretty and quiet nature reserve - you could cycle too and it is fine for a pram that is ok on sand. The beach is sandy and very long. There are no facilities on the beach - it is very peaceful. But you need to take any food or drink with you - there is nowhere to get anything.

The campsite is a mixture of camping pitches for people to put their own tents up, permanent tents and mobile homes. It is organised into rows with a mixture in each row. So some pitches, some tents and some mobile homes. It was very quiet and everyone seemed to be settled down and asleep by 11. No problems with noisy neighbours.

Heels99 Fri 02-Jan-15 11:53:58

My advice is get a mobile home not a tent, weather is unpredictable in northern France and tents can be chilly or get flooded out, choose a site with an indoor pool so you have something to do if it rains.
Eurocamp have some sites they recommend specifically for toddlers so check those out. The site atlantique mentioned above is a good one but didn't have an indoor pool when we went. Carnac is a good site, indoor pool, fab outdoor pool, animals, playground etc
Kids clubs are for school age children but most sites have a tent with toys etc you can use if accompanying your child and the childrens couriers will also babysit for you in evening normally.

hooker29 Fri 02-Jan-15 16:30:09

Don't use the tents-I've seen how they clean them!

HettyD Sat 03-Jan-15 20:43:42

Domaine des ormes was big but had lots of facilities...

Waswondering Sat 03-Jan-15 20:46:31

We liked Domaines des Ormes. However ... Would probably agree re getting a mobile home. Depending on where your tent is, the wash facilities could be hit or miss. Some blocks need renovation. We loved our huge tent, it was brilliant. but then, there were the mice, oh yes!

Waswondering Sat 03-Jan-15 20:47:02

Also, D des O had brilliant pool, and loads to do around and about,

Philoslothy Sat 03-Jan-15 20:47:17

How do they clean them?

Waswondering Sat 03-Jan-15 20:48:34

Our tent was immaculate!

Waswondering Sat 03-Jan-15 20:49:01

Our tent was immaculate!

PilchardsonToast Wed 07-Jan-15 10:09:14

Hi, we stayed at Raguenes Plage in Nevez following a Mumsnet recommendation last year with my two DC who were then 3 & 1 - it was lovely. We camped in our own tent but there were lots of holiday porivderson site and we were quite envious of the Eurocamp tents - they looked clean and spacious. The site has a shop, a few pools and a takeaway/resetaurant. it also has private access to a beautiful beach. It was a relaly peaceful site with lots of little kids - prob not much for older ones but perfect for us

[http://camping-le-raguenes-plage.com/en/]

PilchardsonToast Wed 07-Jan-15 10:09:45

camping-le-raguenes-plage.com/en/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now