Talk

Advanced search

Holiday plans 2015-where are you off to?

(46 Posts)
cococandyfloss Mon 29-Dec-14 00:41:49

Love this time of year on the travel boards as it begins to get busy with lots of questions. Enjoy hearing about other peoples plans and suggestions so let's share-What are everyone's holiday plans for 2015?

EagleRay Mon 29-Dec-14 00:46:55

Thailand - flights booked yesterday and we depart on Friday - eek! smile

cococandyfloss Mon 29-Dec-14 00:49:10

Ooh exciting! Have a great trip.
We have no plans as of yet but hopefully plan to go abroad in school summer holidays-just not sure where to go yet. A lovely problem to have!

Pixa Mon 29-Dec-14 01:03:35

Love parts of Thailand!

We are TTCing, so it really depends on that but we would ideally like to travel to Borneo! smile

EagleRay Mon 29-Dec-14 01:16:02

DD is 2 at the end of Jan (end of free flights), I've given up work for a while and DP has some annual leave carried over from this year so we decided to go for it. Been tracking flight prices for a few weeks and managed to buy while reasonably cheap, but need to get on and book the accommodation now.

Pixa - nearly 3 years ago we had a 'giving up TTC' holiday to Central America (given up hope as getting old) and was pregnant before we boarded the flight home. We went there again earlier this year with 1yo DD and had a whale of a time! Good luck with TTC/holiday plans smile

WalkingInaWhippetWonderland Mon 29-Dec-14 13:17:57

Miami and Bahamas- Feb
Budapest- Aug
Possibly a few days in London and Devon too.

TenMinutesEarly Mon 29-Dec-14 18:53:53

Pixa I lived on Borneo for three years. Where are you thinking of going?

TenMinutesEarly Mon 29-Dec-14 18:54:50

We are going to Fuertaventura. Not convinced but the hotel looks fab.

TurnOverTheTv Mon 29-Dec-14 18:56:37

Med cruise with a few days in barcelona beforehand.

Bumpedbonce Mon 29-Dec-14 19:01:50

Just booked Dubai and Sri Lanka for February, glamping in June and possibly a festival July and France in August. So very excited about all of it!

cococandyfloss Mon 29-Dec-14 23:39:01

Barcelona is on our list to do... just haven't got around to it yet-maybe this time! We have 3 children from age 3 -age 11 so it is trying to come up with something for everyone.
These boards are great for suggestions and recommendations.

TurnOverTheTv Tue 30-Dec-14 00:34:34

Barcelona has loads to do for all your ages!

Ruthiebabes Tue 30-Dec-14 12:07:27

Lanzarote for May Half Term.. a week in Isle of Wight in July (not been since a child) and a week in Donegal Ireland in August.smilesmile

IsabellaofFrance Tue 30-Dec-14 12:11:03

2 weeks in France in August. We have rented a farmhouse with a private pool in the Vendee and I am already counting down the days!

MozzchopsThirty Tue 30-Dec-14 12:16:11

Lots planned this year smile

Dubai with my boyfriend in March
Vegas and miami with the boyfriend for my 40th in June
Italy with the dcs in August

This year we went to Florida for the first time and I'm worried every holiday will now suffer by comparison

ShanghaiDiva Tue 30-Dec-14 12:20:50

Western Australia in February.
Hong Kong or Seoul for a few days in april - not booked yet
Canada in July - still at planning stage.
Would like to go to Myanmar in December, but still trying to convince dh.

ShanghaiDiva Tue 30-Dec-14 12:22:42

Western oz in February.
Hong Kong or Seoul in april
Canada for July.
Myanmar for December, but still working on dh as he's not keen.

clam Tue 30-Dec-14 12:23:34

Only got as far as skiing in February, and can never get excited about the summer holiday until at least May. Never know what I feel like doing until then. There's a possibility we might go to the US for Christmas, if ds gets accepted onto a University exchange programme.

Also, it's our 20th wedding anniversary this summer, so we might nip off somewhere for a few days on our own.

noramum Tue 30-Dec-14 12:37:59

We are going to St. Lucia in the Easter Holidays, first time long-haul with DD who will be nearly 8.

DD is also a holiday souvenir, I came back from Canada pregnant.

KellyElly Tue 30-Dec-14 12:44:07

Going to Corfu in June smile

WhoKnowsWhereTheMistletoes Tue 30-Dec-14 12:48:59

We're off to the Isle of Wight today for new year so that counts as 2015. Still mulling over the options for next summer, will definitely be having a week in Scotland in late August but also want a week or 10 days somewhere warm but not too hot in July.

42notTrendy Tue 30-Dec-14 12:56:29

A week in the Lakes at Easter. With family ( the ones we get on well with grin) and a week in Cornwall with friends. To where I used to go as a child. Low key compared to last year but can't wait.

Shesaysso Tue 30-Dec-14 13:07:30

Eagleray - where in Central America did you go with your DD?

EagleRay Tue 30-Dec-14 16:21:05

SheSaysSo we flew to Cancun on a cheapie package flight (£250!) then took a bus south and stayed on Laguna Bacalar for a few days. Then boat out onto the Belizean Cayes.

The 'conception' holiday 2 years prior was basically the same but took in Guatemala too. Fabulous country in so many ways despite the horrors there..

Other holidays to C America have taken in Panama, Costa Rica (for the jungle bit) and Nicaragua

Shesaysso Tue 30-Dec-14 20:31:27

Eagleray - that sounds brilliant. I have travelled a fair bit but not done Central America at all. Any recommendations? - will have a 10 year old and 8 year old in tow. The 8 year old likes chilling on a beach time to feature!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now