Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Harrogate hotel/b&b recommendations please

(7 Posts)
triplets Sat 27-Dec-14 23:49:23

We are taking our 16 yr old up to look at the Army College so need an o/night stay, probably 2 rooms so cannot afford mega bucks! Can anyone recommend somewhere not too formal? Also good restaurant? Thank you.

Dowser Mon 29-Dec-14 11:45:44

There's a travelodge in the centre with lots of restaurants nearby. Don't think you can go wrong with them.

Alwayscheerful Mon 29-Dec-14 11:50:45

Try airbbnb

triplets Mon 29-Dec-14 16:14:18

Hi just booked the Harrogate Brasserie, got a 2 bed apt +b/fasf +dinner for the three of us for just over £200 wich I thought was good inc live jazz for dh as it will be his b/day! smile

Our dds liked the Chinese restaurant in the old baths - the building is amazing but I don't like Chinese food much, so can't get too excited about it!

For lunch, there's a nice Scandinavian one called Balterzen's or something akin to that. The Palm Court cafe (I think) over the toffee shop does v good cakes (huge slices!).

And I recommend booking the baths for you and dp, whilst your ds/dd (?) is looking at the college!

triplets Mon 29-Dec-14 23:28:11

Would love to do the baths but sadly there won`t be time, we have been invited to the college too. Hoping though for more visits once he`s up there, he will be there until Feb 16!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now