Talk

Advanced search

Family-friendly hotel in London?

(12 Posts)
bunglecat77 Fri 19-Dec-14 13:30:11

Hi

Sometime next year we'd like to visit friends and see the sights in London with our toddler - who's currently 18m. Can anyone recommend a place to stay that's in zone 1 or 2 and child-friendly?

I like the idea of a serviced apartment, but I'm open to hotels or even a decent B&B (if they exist in London!).

I've found this thread but it's ancient, so I'm hoping someone can give me some more up-to-date advice.

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/general_advice_tips/109296-family-hotel-in-london-ideas-wanted?

Thanks

ineedaholidaynow Fri 19-Dec-14 13:58:09

We stayed at the Park Plaza County Hall earlier this year, as recommended by MN smile

It suited us, but our DS is 9yo so we obviously had different requirements to you.

It is advertised as a family friendly hotel. It is right by Waterloo station and some rooms have views of the London Eye, our room had views of Waterloo station envy

MrsPMT Fri 19-Dec-14 14:04:17

We stayed in the Novotel Paddington when my son was about 5, I think, has swimming pool, really good, not cheap and not central but easy enough to get around.

ineedaholidaynow Fri 19-Dec-14 14:12:04

We have also stayed at the Novotel Paddington. Both hotels suited us.

SorrelForbes Fri 19-Dec-14 14:13:44

Dolphin Square have two bedroomed apartments.

bunglecat77 Fri 19-Dec-14 16:29:43

Great, thank you!

Paddington would be perfect for us actually as our train would arrive into the station and we could just walk to the hotel. I'll take a look at their rates.

WhyTheFace Fri 19-Dec-14 16:31:11

The premier inns along south bank - county hall and the Tate modern ones are fab.

legoqueen Fri 02-Jan-15 19:44:20

I didn't think that the pool at the Paddington Novotel was great for kids as it's so deep. Any of the South Bank hotels would be great, lots to do around there with DCs.

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Sun 04-Jan-15 09:50:25

check that your closest tube station is accessible if you plan to use the tube a lot - we stayed out near Swiss Cottage and the steps were plentiful! and you felt it at the end of the day...

Lindy2 Sun 04-Jan-15 10:01:45

We stayed at the Novatel London South. It is on the South Bank opposite St Paul's. It doesn't have a pool but it is a good location and the staff were very welcoming of our two children. It has a nice family friendly atmosphere so I actually felt relaxed staying there rather than on edge as to whether my children were being too noisy etc.

preggersbycheggers Sun 04-Jan-15 21:02:32

Another vote for Park Plaza. Really very good. Separate sleeping area for children.

NoLongerJustAShopGirl Mon 05-Jan-15 08:51:14

Not surprised for £200 a night I'd expect it to be "very good" at the least.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now