Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Oxford morning traffic

(6 Posts)
fromwesttoeast Sun 14-Dec-14 12:39:47

Hi, I need to get to appointment in Woodstock rd Oxford by 8:45 am.
I am not from the area and will be travelling from over 40 miles away, approaching Oxford from the north.
Any advice on traffic congestion in the area? I will be travelling on a term time weekday morning.
Thanks.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sun 14-Dec-14 12:57:10

I've done similar once before and it was pretty awful to be honest! The biggest problem was getting stuck behind bikes (it was exam time when I went and there were literally thousands of students travelling to uni on bikes). It took me half an hour to get the last half a mile into town.

fromwesttoeast Sun 14-Dec-14 13:10:11

Hmmm, sounds grim. I don't actually need to go all the way into the town centre, the address I'm going to is in what I would call the outskirts, but is a main route into town, as far as I can gather.

MillyMollyMama Tue 16-Dec-14 00:12:08

Have a look at the Park and ride options. I think Pear Tree park and Ride bus goes down the Woodstock Road. This would probably be a better option but Oxford is VERY busy! You can get to Pear Tree on the ring road from the North so you can avoid the centre of Oxford.

Churchillian Tue 16-Dec-14 00:20:42

It's generally very busy and if you're coming on the a34 it's usually at a standstill after 8. I would try and set off as early as possible. Not sure that using the park and ride would be much help if you're going toWoodstock which is out of town? I would just allow at least an hour to do the a34/ring road but of the journey. Good luck!

fromwesttoeast Tue 16-Dec-14 07:55:11

Thanks everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now