Talk

Advanced search

Teen holiday post Alevels HELP ME

(9 Posts)
Hullygully Mon 08-Dec-14 16:00:38

Ds and several friends want to go away for a week post A levels. They aren't laddish and want beaches, culture, restaurants and bars for very little money! Any suggestions on good non-Malia type places??

Heels99 Mon 08-Dec-14 16:02:06

Barcelona?

Hullygully Mon 08-Dec-14 16:14:43

Any suggestions for area/accommodation gratefully received...

mummymeister Fri 12-Dec-14 12:16:27

the biggest issue they are going to find is that a lot hotels and appartments insist on there being someone over 25 on the booking form. that's why even a lot of non laddish boys and girls end up on 18-30 holidays and 18-30 resorts because these are the only places that will take them at that age without an older adult. they will have plenty of luck with youth hostels and also roving rail passes in Europe. get them to tie down how long they want to go for and how far and take it from there. backpacking in Europe on interail will definitely be the cheapest way to go.

sparrowcottage Fri 12-Dec-14 14:20:34

pretty sure over 18 is good enough, take a look at airbnb, theres a good map so you can find places near beach sorted by price and then there is an owner or host person responsible for the property who will do anything to help out in an emergency in return for a good review. like when they get their passport nicked. or youth hostel.. (plenty of hostals in valencia, good balance of friendly safe culture beach)

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 12-Dec-14 14:32:20

Valencia?

Hakluyt Fri 12-Dec-14 14:34:49

My dd and her friends went to Malta and stayed in an apartment. They had a lovely time- would you like me to see if I can find the details?

Middleagedmotheroftwo Fri 12-Dec-14 14:37:15

I'd recommend an interrail card, back packs and hostels - they'll have much more fun. Different city every night to explore - you'd be surprised how far you can get in a short time.

specialsubject Fri 12-Dec-14 16:19:53

make sure they are back for results week as they will have things to do if they don't make their grades.

Lisbon is a good spot with nearby beaches and not expensive as these things go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now