Talk

Advanced search

Anyone been to Lanzarote in May half term?

(9 Posts)
yrene1209 Tue 02-Dec-14 11:40:10

I booked sandos papagayo resort in Lanzarote for all inclusive. We have 6year old girl and 8 yearl old boy. Because it's our first all incl holiday we're very excited but little bit nervous if it's right choice. Has anyone been to this resort? How is the weather in May? Can anyone recommand nice places there?
also some silly questions, is the volcano safe? hmm
please give me any information!! Thanks in advance!

specialsubject Tue 02-Dec-14 12:21:50

last eruption of Timanfaya in the 1700s. You never know with volcanoes but I really wouldn't worry.

although if the loose bit of La Palma falls off the resulting tsunami will reach as far as the US.

do try and get out of the resort, plenty of amazing things to see on Lanzarote.

Celticlass2 Wed 03-Dec-14 19:24:53

We went to Lanzarote 2009 ( I think) May half term. Did the holiday village AI. Had a fab time and great weather. was 9.
We've kind of outgrown the Holiday village AI type holiday now it's more geared up for younger kids, but would reccomend this area (Playa Blanca) for young families.
We have been back to Lanzarote and this area more recently but stayed SC in an apartment.

iwantgin Wed 03-Dec-14 19:29:43

I love Lanzarote. The past few times we have been have been in February half term. The weather then was fine, but a little chilly on an eve. May will be lovely. Should be nice and warm and sunny for you.

Don't worry about the volcano. However do make it part of your trip to go and see the attractions on Timanfaya. the DC will love the camel rides - and the demonstrations of how hot it is just underground. It's really quite interesting.

Hire a car and see the island. The roads are pretty quiet - yet in good repair.

Ruthiebabes Wed 03-Dec-14 20:42:41

We went for the first time last May Half Term.. Stayed in Puerto Del Carmen.. Weather was disappointing.. 7 out of 10 days cloudy.. But planning to go again same time next year.. We really enjoyed it and really recommend the trip to volcano. Have a great timesmile

Schoolname Wed 03-Dec-14 21:33:27

We went in may a couple of years ago and the weather wasn't great, we had split of incidence sunny days and some really cool cloudy ones. It's a lovely island though.

yrene1209 Wed 03-Dec-14 22:24:28

Thanks alot for all comments.little bit worried that the weath could be not as warm as I'm expecting.need to keep my fingers crossed!

iwantgin Thu 04-Dec-14 09:07:22

I think the weather will be fine.

i have been to the four main Canary isles- at various times of year.

The weather is quite uneventful usually - summer gets hot, but not crazily so (such as in Greece), and winters are mild - often warm and sunny.

My most recent trip was to Tenerife at the end of March - and the weather was perfect. Pretty hot - high 20s every day bar one afternoon.

December - I was sunbathing on the beach in a bikini. February hols - generally sunbathing on the beach in a bikini.

Celticlass2 Thu 04-Dec-14 11:03:49

Yrene You will be very unlucky not to have very good weather in May. We had a scorcher of a week when we were there in May.
A couple of years ago, we went inFebruary, and the weather was beautiful,- mid 20's if I remember rightly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now