Talk

Advanced search

where is the best place to buy duty free perfume?

(6 Posts)
KatyMac Tue 25-Nov-14 18:33:40

At the airport
On the plane out,
In Barcelona (on 26th Dec)
In the Canaries or Madeira
In Malaga
At the airport in Barcelona
On the plane home

It's for my mum for Christmas (she will be getting it late)

specialsubject Wed 26-Nov-14 10:17:17

only the Canaries are outside the EU for duty purposes, so that's the only place you can buy duty free.

airport shops and on-board shops bump up the prices to the same or more expensive than you would pay in the UK.

in short - don't bother.Look for special offers in the UK. Also a waste of aviation fuel lugging the stuff about.

KatyMac Wed 26-Nov-14 17:54:51

Thank you

MillyMollyMama Thu 27-Nov-14 21:08:36

That is not necessarily true! Some perfume will be cheaper at the airport shop if it is a special promotion. On the plane choice is limited. I do not buy any old perfume, only exactly what I want and I check the price beforehand. For example it is difficult to buy Chanel Chance discounted in the UK but it is usually cheaper at the airport. However sites like allbeauty may have lesser brands for a better price than the airport. You could always buy at the airport and use that perfume all holiday. I often do that. If you are going from T5 Heathrow you have a mind boggling choice too so if you are not sure what you like, you can spend a fun hour trying them out.

KatyMac Thu 27-Nov-14 21:30:11

Thanks my mum wants 100ml Beautiful so I am comparing prices just now

PestoStormissimos Sat 20-Dec-14 17:38:51

My SIL lives in Spain & reckons you can buy perfume cheaper in Malaga than at the airport or on the plane.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now