Talk

Advanced search

London Hotel Advice

(7 Posts)
NQTblue Tue 25-Nov-14 14:37:06

Saved up and planning couple of nights in London - one adult - one 9 year old. Was hoping to afford 2-3 night in a Travelodge/Premier Inn type hotel but now I've come to look at these I am confused...

I'd like somewhere fairly central, ideally a hope, skip and jump from a tube station (will be going on train/tube).

Any advice would be appreciated. TIA

specialsubject Tue 25-Nov-14 16:46:40

which ones are confusing you?

in Central London the tube stations are very close anyway.

superram Tue 25-Nov-14 17:15:06

Travel lodge I covent garden would be a good start as you can walk to many places but tubes and buses are so easy being a little but further out will not make much difference. If you are coming on train maybe stay near your station for easy access home.

3catsandcounting Tue 25-Nov-14 17:20:03

We always use Premier Inns in London; the most recent being the one at Angel, which was a really good, quiet and safe location with shops/bars/restaurants along the high street. Hampstead was another one (near Belsize Park tube), a little further out but still fine.
I've had 3 others recommended to me for great location, Holborn and Southwark Tate and Southwark Borough (near market)
If you have definite dates, go for the Premier Saver option! The breakfasts are pretty too, and free for kids!

MrsStarwars Tue 25-Nov-14 17:26:38

We always use premier inn kings cross, as our train arrives into there. A 5 min walk round to the hotel to drop off bags then hop on tube to explore.
We usually book early using premier saver option, is about £89 a night. We squeeze a family of 5 into the room so I think it's pretty good value for London.

3catsandcounting Tue 25-Nov-14 19:20:40

I meant "the breakfasts are pretty good too"!!

meandjulio Tue 25-Nov-14 19:27:41

Which mainline train station will you be going into?

I've stayed at the Covent Garden Travelodge - fantastically central - easy access from King's Cross via Piccadilly line tube, not bad from Charing Cross if you pack light and walk along the Strand (or get a bus).

I've also stayed at the Days Inn at Waterloo - few years ago though - which would be handy again for Charing Cross, Waterloo East, and London Bridge. A bit more pricey than a Travelodge

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now