Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New York New York - shopping tips! drinking tips!

(4 Posts)
terribletwosome Sat 22-Nov-14 17:54:16

Hi - going to New York with my best friend in a couple of weeks time to celebrate our 40tIt is a complete treat. I have been to New york a few times but not for several years and would love any tips on what brands are cheaper to buy over there than here and any other tips on good places to go to get things - i.e. where is good to go to get jeans where you can try on a big range? Where is good to get beauty stuff? Also any advice on good fun bars which will feel like a fun celebration night out but not where two 40 year olds are going to feel old?! All advice very welcome!! Thank you

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 23-Nov-14 08:46:06

The Century 21 store is a good place to buy designer stuff cheaply.

Thumbcat Sun 23-Nov-14 09:00:18

I can't recommend this place highly enough for a fun night out. Sitting at the bar, drinking cocktails, with a whole bar full of people singing along to You're So Vain was the highlight of my last NY trip.

sonjaj74 Sat 06-Dec-14 15:12:34

i'd say surprise your friend w drinks at pdt. youve got to call to book a table prior but the secret entrance is the best (thru a hot dog joint, go to the phone booth and the door is thru there).
century 21is great but clothes in general are cheaper.
sephora for make up.
we used to live in nyc and did far too much bar hopping so feel free to message if you find you need more advice- tho sure you'll get loads of help here!! have a blast!!smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now