Talk

Advanced search

Who would you Fly....Air Canada or British Airways ?

(19 Posts)
microrose Thu 20-Nov-14 10:17:58

Planning on going to Vancouver next summer....as a start which airline would you fly....or is there a better one

Gingerandcocoa Thu 20-Nov-14 10:22:42

Whichever is cheaper?

PestoStormissimos Thu 20-Nov-14 11:12:49

Transat

whatsagoodusername Thu 20-Nov-14 11:21:22

I've done both. Can't say I felt strongly about one over the other.

I'd go for the one with the better flight times or the cheaper one, depending on your priorities.

MrsSquirrel Thu 20-Nov-14 11:21:36

I have travelled on both and they both were fine, so I would go for whichever had the cheapest fare.

microrose Thu 20-Nov-14 11:29:49

Thank you everyone......

PestoStormissimos.... any experience with Transat.....looks promising.

microrose Thu 20-Nov-14 11:40:06

Thank you everyone......

PestoStormissimos.... any experience with Transat.....looks promising.

microrose Thu 20-Nov-14 11:40:36

sorry to post twice

BrendaBlackhead Thu 20-Nov-14 11:43:19

Just went on Air Canada. Was fine and... best of all... huge amount of legroom compared with BA. Dh (over 6 ft) was ecstatic. Also much cheaper.

MillyMollyMama Fri 21-Nov-14 16:40:44

British Airways. We have flown with Air Canada Business and the seats would not move and the stewards had to recline them for us. It was cheaper but poor. Also you do not get to leave from T5. Have also flown both Economy and leg room did not seem much different to be honest, but that may depend what seat you get. We were certainly not ecstatic! You can check leg room on their web sites but I bet there is very little in it.

PestoStormissimos Fri 21-Nov-14 17:09:02

No, sorry I don't personally microrose but I have seen their aircraft at Gatwick when I've been travelling through.

MagnetsOnItsTail Fri 21-Nov-14 21:36:34

Have a look at their reviews here

Airlines

I've used that site to check airlines, it's got lots of varied reviews.

somebodythatiusedtoknow Fri 21-Nov-14 21:56:49

When things go wrong AC are awful. I speak from bitter experience and met others who were Canadian who had seen it all before. Allegedly.

Not much in it otherwise.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Wed 26-Nov-14 18:17:01

AC have better legroom (DH is v tall).

Transat is cheap and cheerful, but never had problems with them.

BA - always had v 'meh' experiences with them.

We usually fly AC. They were brilliant when I had to get back to the UK in a rush when dad was dying.

Siennasun Sun 30-Nov-14 16:43:40

I've flown both (though not for a few years) and they were both equally crap. Air transat also crap but generally cheaper ime.
Virgin also fly to Vancouver now I think.
Tbh unless you upgrade I think most airlines are much of a muchness.

BIWI Sun 30-Nov-14 16:45:04

I flew with AC earlier this year and thought they were awful. It was like a long haul Easy Jet. Would choose BA over AC definitely. Or if Virgin is available, choose Virgin over BA.

BIWI Sun 30-Nov-14 16:45:58

Actually, I should correct that post a bit - there's nothing wrong with Easy Jet. I think they do a brilliant job for short haul flying. But you need a bit more comfort when you're on a long haul flight, which definitely felt as if it were missing with AC.

AttilaTheMeerkat Sun 30-Nov-14 16:56:36

I would use BA to fly to Vancouver (Virgin do not fly there).

Cheap(er) is not always cheerful at all.

Siennasun Sun 30-Nov-14 17:28:03

Yes, sorry, Virgin stopped flying to Vancouver a couple in October.
I would just go with the cheapest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now