Talk

Advanced search

Holiday parks for a small family

(3 Posts)
10elderberry Tue 11-Nov-14 11:17:14

Hi. We are only a family of two -- myself and DD (11). I usually go camping, but this year's experience was so poor that I want to do something with less work next year so I'm looking at holiday parks -- glamping, caravans, anything like that.
I've been looking at sites on the Isle of Wight, but I keep meeting the same problem -- they're all set up for six or eight people and they're priced accordingly.
I want the facilities of a holiday park -- pool, playground, etc, so a holiday cottage is not appropriate. But I don't want to pay the same as a big family. Has anyone come across anything more suitable? We did find a twin room at Center Parcs a couple of years ago, but I can't find anything else.

mummymeister Tue 11-Nov-14 18:09:06

there are lots of holiday cottage sites that are small but also have things like a pool play area etc. Its not only caravan parks that have this sort of thing. and if you go in school holidays there will be other kids around. which part of the country do you want to go to? Glamping is sometimes more expensive than a cottage so would shop around. whats your budget?

fairgame Tue 11-Nov-14 18:22:04

I know its not the IOW but just as an example I went here a few years ago
www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday-parks/silver-trees-silt

It was a lot cheaper then center parcs and the big holiday parks and is a small park with a pool. Not sure if there is a play area though. However the park has lots of wild deer in it and they come right up close to the caravan. It was brilliant watching them. They charge you per caravan rather than per person.

Hoseasons is always worth a look as they sometimes have money off deals and they have places on the IOW as well.

This one has a caravan that sleeps 2 so you definitely wont be paying large family prices
www.hoseasons.co.uk/holiday-parks/st-helens-holiday-park-hele

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now