Talk

Advanced search

When's the cheapest time to book flights?

(11 Posts)
olaflikeswarmhugs Sat 08-Nov-14 20:28:13

Going to Disneyland Paris in July and and been looking on easyjet for flights .

They are a bit more expensive tonight than they were last week . I'm not planning to book the flights for another good while but I don't want to leave it and they're twice the price as they are now . But otoh I don't what to buy them now and then they plummet .

So I'm wondering if there is either
- a certain time of year that the prices come down
Or
- a particular time in advance they are cheapest (ie 6 weeks before , 10 weeks before etc)

AttilaTheMeerkat Sat 08-Nov-14 22:24:21

Such lights tend to be more expensive the closer it gets to departure date.

I would book this as soon as possible, do not leave this any longer.

DramaAlpaca Sat 08-Nov-14 22:27:46

I don't know the answers to your specific questions, but I would suggest you disable cookies on your computer when you search for flights.

I heard somewhere (maybe on here?) that airlines use cookies to tell them how often you've visited their site, and they adjust the prices that come up when you look for flights.

DramaAlpaca Sat 08-Nov-14 22:30:48

It was on here - link below:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/_chat/a2195493-Website-rip-offs-block-their-cookies-and-save-LOADS-AND-LOADS-of-money

Mydelilah Sat 08-Nov-14 22:31:59

Yy to what drama says, clear your cookies, and search on a monday or tuesday - a first search on non-weekend is apparently cheaper. And the site can track if you are returning to buy after browsing previously.

caroldecker Sat 08-Nov-14 22:42:58

Easyjet prices only get more expensive as you get closer to the date - holiday packages can change either way, but flights only go up.

olaflikeswarmhugs Sat 08-Nov-14 22:58:29

Ok thanks for the info that's great! One more question .. How do I des able cookies blush

mummymeister Sat 08-Nov-14 23:08:44

google it - lots of people do it before booking now. we did. if its school hols that you are going then the flights will only go one way - up. book it so you know you have got it. the price variation if it is downwards will be tiny but could go up a lot more.

caroldecker Sun 09-Nov-14 01:34:15

Use google, go ingognito (three horizontal bars on the top right of the browser)

Celticlass2 Sun 09-Nov-14 16:09:37

As has already been said, Easyjet prices only go up. We book them as soon as they are released. This applies to most of the low cost airlines, although we have got some real bargains with Ryanair by booking about six weeks before departure.
Booked some Ryanair flights in a flash sale last week. An absolute bargain.smile

BigglesFliesUndone Sun 09-Nov-14 16:15:10

We booked flight s with easy jet for Portugal next march in September when we knew we were going. We load £288 for four of is return - just checked and they are now nearer £400. Unlike years ago, definitely earlier!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now