Talk

Advanced search

Cape Town Taxi/Travel Service

(8 Posts)
Bimblepops Sat 01-Nov-14 22:40:58

Very specific request here!
Does anyone have any recommendations for a Cape Town Taxi/Travel Service?
We're going to Cape Town in December with our two DC and also want to do a couple of day trips, including an overnight safari trip. Neither of us want to drive, so we'd like to use a taxi-service.
Anyone got one to recommend or avoid, please?
(And how did I manage to make this short question so bloody long?)

mummymeister Sun 02-Nov-14 09:20:34

go to the trip advisor south Africa forum then post this specific question there. very good way to find out this sort of information.

TravellerInAfric Sun 02-Nov-14 09:28:28

OP try Pembury Tours. You can google them.

(NC to post as i don't want to out myself. I haven't yet used this company but will do in a few weeks, and have been impressed by all my contact with them so far. And they were recommended to me).

Good luck.

Bimblepops Sun 02-Nov-14 11:50:01

Great, thanks. Will contact them.

ZaraW Mon 03-Nov-14 17:05:28

For the day trips in Cape Town have you thought about doing the Hop On/Off bus they have two routes and cover the main sites within Cape Town some are quite a distance away so it may be expensive using taxis. A two day ticket is around US$30.

www.viator.com have some good trips on offer.

ZaraW Mon 03-Nov-14 17:06:30

Forgot to say Cape Town is my favourite city so beautiful and great value. Enjoy!

MillyMollyMama Mon 03-Nov-14 21:58:16

Driving in Cape Town is very easy. How does an overnight with a taxi work? Any safari area is miles and miles from Cape Town.

ZaraW Tue 04-Nov-14 13:36:20

Hiring a safari vehicle will also be very expensive, not done it in S. Africa but in Rwanda cost us £300 per day for the driver then you have to pay for his accommodation, food, tip etc. It will be much cheaper to organise game drives through the lodge or camp site you will be staying and making your own way there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now