Talk

Advanced search

Cheapest way to get flights to Palm Springs CA

(8 Posts)
Somethingtodo Thu 30-Oct-14 15:55:14

...do a return to NY and then an internal -- or go with one airline all the way? Are there cheaper time of the day/days of the week to go transatlantic?

MillyMollyMama Thu 30-Oct-14 20:28:15

Surely go to Los Angeles and then a short hop. Or drive there from Los Angeles. Why go to NY first?

broadsheetbabe Fri 31-Oct-14 21:51:32

We drove from LA.

homebythesea Fri 31-Oct-14 23:39:10

No airlines will go straight there. I would find the cheapest furthest one hop to US (so might be to somewhere like Texas) then find an internal connection. Trailfinders would help you find the best combination of flights

Somethingtodo Sat 01-Nov-14 20:01:51

Thanks all - that's really helpful.

RoadRunner123 Sat 01-Nov-14 21:34:36

Agree with driving from LA.

Bunbaker Tue 04-Nov-14 22:34:40

We drove from LA. It isn't that far.

hopefulpuffin Wed 05-Nov-14 07:51:39

I lived in the Palm Springs area for a time.

Depending on your trip - are you staying in NY and then going to Palm Sprimgs or just Palm Springs? - you do have options.

Ontario airport is closer to PS - only @ 80 minutes or so and has flights from NY. Just don't wind up in Canada.

Check out Jet Blue or Southwest. Virgin America flies into LAX and Palm Springs too.

You can also fly into San Diego. It's a tad further distance wise but you may be able to avoid some of the LA traffic.

Having said that, depending on when you arrive @ LAX there's virtually no traffic to speak of. I always tried to get in on a Sunday morning. The drive from LA is easy. Once you get on the 10E just keep on going. When you see the windmills and giant dinosaur you're getting close.

I love Palm Springs. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now